Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 AM

58 posts, read 242,287 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am a Physical Education/Health teacher with 3 years of experience. My application has been on file with Clark County for 2 years and expires in March.

From what I have heard the principals go over applications in the CCSD in March. Physical Education is not listed on the website as one of the jobs you can currently send in applications for so I am assuming that they already have enough candidates in their system, or do not have any openings (which I hope is not the case!). I am qualified for K-12 and would think there are at least some openings in over 300 schools. Clark County does not allow you to turn in a new application unless the subject area is listed on their website which means if I don't get a call back by the end of March when my application expires, then I can't apply for any positions even if one opens later in the year!

Does anyone that works in this district have any idea if there are any Physical Education/Health/Athletic Director job openings? Or am I just getting my hopes up and there isn't any? I figure if there is any openings I have a good chance having 3 years experience (1 in Nevada) and a Nevada State Certification.

Just curious if there are going to be 1 or 2 openings or more like 50. Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
It has been on the news lately that they are going to make large cuts to education. They are planning on laying off lots of teachers. Hope this helps.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,951,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bears0909 View Post
Hi All,

I am a Physical Education/Health teacher with 3 years of experience. My application has been on file with Clark County for 2 years and expires in March.

From what I have heard the principals go over applications in the CCSD in March. Physical Education is not listed on the website as one of the jobs you can currently send in applications for so I am assuming that they already have enough candidates in their system, or do not have any openings (which I hope is not the case!). I am qualified for K-12 and would think there are at least some openings in over 300 schools. Clark County does not allow you to turn in a new application unless the subject area is listed on their website which means if I don't get a call back by the end of March when my application expires, then I can't apply for any positions even if one opens later in the year!

Does anyone that works in this district have any idea if there are any Physical Education/Health/Athletic Director job openings? Or am I just getting my hopes up and there isn't any? I figure if there is any openings I have a good chance having 3 years experience (1 in Nevada) and a Nevada State Certification.

Just curious if there are going to be 1 or 2 openings or more like 50. Thanks for any info.
You need to read this article it address's Nevada crisis and how there is not going to be any new teaching jobs for a long time.

[SIZE=4]STATE OF THE STATE: Gibbons calls for cuts, reform, no taxes ...[/SIZE]
Feb 8, 2010 ... Jim Gibbons answers questions from reporters after delivering his state of the state speech in the Capitol building in Carson City on Monday ...
www.lvrj.com/.../Gibbons-State-of-the-State-address-83848002.html

Old 02-17-2010, 05:08 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,252 times
Quote:
Hi All,

The CCSD will most likely hire internally to fill the school positions for schools grand opening in the fall. The CCSD is currently hiring from my wife's school to meet their needs. If the layoff's occur, I doubt there will be much room for external applicants.

Don't take my word for it. Be proactive with the CCSD.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:32 PM

I was wondering how Clark County selects their applicants? I have had an application on file with them for 2 years. My qualifications have changed greatly in the last 2 years (I have 2 years of teaching experience, Head Girls Varsity basketball coaching, Athletic Director experience, and a Nevada teaching certificate). When I initially filled out the application 2 years ago I did not have a Nevada teaching certificate, any coaching experience, and only 1 year of teaching. However, the district will not let me update my application, nor will they update it. Also, I cannot fill out a new application. Does the district really not care if your qualifications have changed? Do they go everyone's initial application each year or is it just a random lottery? I just find it strange that the district will not allow you to update or submit a new application for 2 years so they are going by all your old information each year!! :-( Anyone have any information on this strange hiring process?!!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:43 PM

366 posts, read 1,212,794 times
Quote:
I was wondering how Clark County selects their applicants? I have had an application on file with them for 2 years. My qualifications have changed greatly in the last 2 years (I have 2 years of teaching experience, Head Girls Varsity basketball coaching, Athletic Director experience, and a Nevada teaching certificate). When I initially filled out the application 2 years ago I did not have a Nevada teaching certificate, any coaching experience, and only 1 year of teaching. However, the district will not let me update my application, nor will they update it. Also, I cannot fill out a new application. Does the district really not care if your qualifications have changed? Do they go everyone's initial application each year or is it just a random lottery? I just find it strange that the district will not allow you to update or submit a new application for 2 years so they are going by all your old information each year!! :-( Anyone have any information on this strange hiring process?!!
How do you go from AD to not being able to get a Phys Ed job?

Old 02-19-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
How do you go from AD to not being able to get a Phys Ed job?

The Athletic Director position I have now is at a small school. It is a stipend position in addition to my Physical Education/Health job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas