Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:38 PM

107 posts, read 326,583 times

Advertisements

I sense the title of the post has little to do with what you really want.

This page outlines pretty much everything there is for Kids here: Activities | ¤ Las Vegas for Kids | Hotels & Activities

Please note that most of it is Tourist Related. It's not very explanatory of the locals venues... which to be honest are not much different than any other suburban neighborhood in the southwest.

Of course there are Parks and Recreation Centers and Day Camps and the like.

Rock Climbing? Really? If you want to do it indoors there are a few places: Nevada Rock Climbing Walls and Gyms

We like to go out to the lake.

If you take out the Strip... Vegas is just a city in the Desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 PM

709 posts, read 2,180,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothere View Post
because there is a park over there with a zip line, tightrope walking, trapeeze, rock climbing that's why.

Really, and i though summerlin was just a retirement community. i don't know #%!&#*)$......

Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
The Big Zip line is the one in Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City.

Bootleg Canyon Zip-Lines | Las Vegas Zip-Lines

You can also go out and run around on Lake Mead if you like...

Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,904,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsinVegas View Post
I sense the title of the post has little to do with what you really want.
She's not bringing her kids.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 PM

21 posts, read 36,378 times
the bootleg canyon zipline looks WONDERFUL!!!! is there a way to get there from where I'll tay at the strip? is there like a tour bus or something to take me to these amazing places?

Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothere View Post
the bootleg canyon zipline looks WONDERFUL!!!! is there a way to get there from where I'll tay at the strip? is there like a tour bus or something to take me to these amazing places?
There is this thing called a "Rent a car"...it is not difficult and is probably a lot less than it will cost you to ride the zip...

If that does not work contact the zip line...they likely have a way to have you picked up on the strip and hauled out there.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:48 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
They do have a van. I saw it coming down the hill last time I was at Bootleg Canyon.

BTW: Know why they call it Bootleg Cyn? My wife asked that and I guessed right...it was where the bootleggers set up in the rocks to sell booze to dam workers. Since it was Federal property, pretty much everything was illegal then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: