Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 PM

222 posts, read 383,177 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I know this is a very general query, but I'm hoping someone can provide insight anyhow.

We're looking at purchasing a new home in MacDonald Highlands (about 6400sqft), which isn't too far from my current location in Chenango off Eastern and Coronado (just closed on our sale, so we have 30-60 days). The deals up there are incredible right now -- this same model and view were going for 2x the price just a year ago.

I've been very impressed with the area the couple of times we've visited, but does anyone have experience with this community? Are the (in my opinion) outrageous HOA dues worth it for the amenities? Is the community as well maintained as it appears on the surface? The community looks well maintained enough, but I tend to be overly cautious, especially when considering purchasing a home where the "rent" (property taxes and HOA) is going to exceed $2000 a month.

Thanks for any insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 04:09 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,939,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKLAS View Post
Hi all,

I know this is a very general query, but I'm hoping someone can provide insight anyhow.

We're looking at purchasing a new home in MacDonald Highlands (about 6400sqft), which isn't too far from my current location in Chenango off Eastern and Coronado (just closed on our sale, so we have 30-60 days). The deals up there are incredible right now -- this same model and view were going for 2x the price just a year ago.

I've been very impressed with the area the couple of times we've visited, but does anyone have experience with this community? Are the (in my opinion) outrageous HOA dues worth it for the amenities? Is the community as well maintained as it appears on the surface? The community looks well maintained enough, but I tend to be overly cautious, especially when considering purchasing a home where the "rent" (property taxes and HOA) is going to exceed $2000 a month.

Thanks for any insight!
You are purchasing in an exclusive neighborhood and I am sure you may know that already. And when you live in that type of neighborhood you will have to expect to pay a large HOA to pay for the amenities and the lush area around the property.
Here is a link that you can learn more about the area you have purchased in.
MacDonald Highlands

Old 04-18-2017, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,751 times
I've lived at MacDonald Highlands for last 10 years, and, NO, it is not well kept; and, NO, the amenities are certainly nothing that would come close to justifying the amount charged!!!

Old 04-18-2017, 06:32 PM

469 posts, read 489,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DissatisfiedHomeowner View Post
I've lived at MacDonald Highlands for last 10 years, and, NO, it is not well kept; and, NO, the amenities are certainly nothing that would come close to justifying the amount charged!!!
Your screen name tells it all.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:48 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,573,368 times
Check out Anthem Country Club and surrounding homes. Toured the property last week beautiful.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,214,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DissatisfiedHomeowner View Post
So you are annoyed with your two million dollar Home? Really. You sure you don't mean something else.

Come out my way and for that you can get a couple of acres and build your dream home and no need to worry about an HOA?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:29 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,782,298 times
Several of my friends live there and they like it and have no major complaints.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,214,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Several of my friends live there and they like it and have no major complaints.
I am skeptical poster meant MacDonald Highlands. I don't think I heard anyone who was not reasonably happy with that place and those who can afford a place of that class don't hang around two years anymore ten if unhappy. Maybe MacDonald Ranch?

Old 04-19-2017, 11:08 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,253,946 times
I have friends in the MacDonald Highlands and have been there numerous times. We're also going to a private cocktail party there at the end of this month. I'm really looking forward to it and the view.

The only time I've ever heard them complain was when they held an event and people parked on the sidewalk side of the street instead of the non-side walk side and they got a ticket from the HOA for it. So now we all know to park on the non-sidewalk side which can make for a long walk as cars wrap around the block. However, with a larger event like the one at the end of this month they usually hire a valet for it. I've never had private valet for special events until moving to Las Vegas so I feel special and spoiled here for sure.

Gorgeous area! You'll have great neighbors too.

------------

Never mind. I just realized this thread is 7 years old. lol

Last edited by Merrily Gather; 04-19-2017 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: realized it's a super old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas