Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:45 PM

24 posts, read 67,866 times

Advertisements

I have to move out of Nevada and can't sell my Southwest home as it'd cost me about $65k out of pocket. So I will rent it out with a property management company.

My biggest factor is finding a company who will really handle everything well and automatically; I may be entirely out of the USA for a couple of years.

I'm leaning towards Terra West since they look to be big and established which eliminates some of the risk.

I have done a lot of research on these boards and this is some stuff I've come up with.

Recommended by someone or another:
Premier Property Management
Terra West
North American Realty of Nevada
New West Property Management

Warnings AGAINST these companies:
Atlas
Terra West

I would appreciate your recommendations; I hope to get this worked out in the next week or two.

Thanks.

Last edited by danj55; 03-10-2010 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 PM

45 posts, read 283,490 times
We bought a place in Aliante about a year ago and live in California so we needed a PM to manage the place for us.

We are currently using Triumph Property Management and have been happy with their service and rates.

On a related note, this board was very useful during the whole process as we were very satisfied with our realtor (Olecapt) and our mortgage broker (Daddy).

Old 03-11-2010, 12:42 AM

24 posts, read 67,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Avoid Newman. They only care about collecting the rent, and don't take maintenance issues seriously at all. If you don't care about your house falling apart, they're great, otherwise, stay away from them.
Thanks for that tip. I was browsing the classifieds in the paper and I noticed that Newman flooded it with generally low-ball rent pricing. That's not the kind of business I want to be part of.

On Triumph...check out the fake gushing reviews they created on Kudzu. It's so bad it's laughable. That alone tells me to stay away.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 7,837 times
Default problems with Priority Property management in Vegas

Hello,
we have a 2br/2.5ba house in Las Vegas (new to property investments), and I am not happy with property management company. Am I exaggerating, or should I take action? Our property has been on the market for 745$ for the past 25 days, usually it has 3 showings/week (as per PM). Here are the mistakes I found from their marketing ads:

--wrong PROPERTY DESCRIPTION when you dial the ad for the property. It's NOT our property that was advertised!!! So when potential tenants call 1-800 number, then they dial extension 120 to listen about our property, it advertises somebody else' property!!!!!!! Our property has been on the market for 25 days now, and NONE of prospective tenants mentioned this to the PM??? I am wondering if they are SHOWING my property AT ALL! Since we live in CA, it's hard for us to check on them..

--PM had advertised the property with only 2 baths, whereas the property has 2.5 baths. We asked them to correct their ad on craigslist and everywhere else (MLS). They corrected it on craigslist, but not on other MLS and websites...

--we asked them to lower the application fee from 50$ to 35$. They changed it on craigslist, and not on other websites.

Am I being a control freak or should I take an action?
Thanks for your input...

Old 03-29-2012, 09:02 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,440 times
First Service Residential Realty. I've used them for a year and have nothing bad to report. The best thing to do is to do interviews. You are basically hiring an employee. You need to see if it will be a good fit.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
where in Vegas is the property?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,354 times
They're ALL shady. Better off getting a local to handle it...

Old 03-30-2012, 01:10 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
They're ALL shady. Better off getting a local to handle it...

^ This.

Couldn't agree more. If it were me, I'd take the $65K loss. You'll wish you had after dealing with Las Vegas property managers.

Got friends or relatives that will check up on the place for you? You wouldn't be able to pay them directly (not legally, at least). But you'll get more competent help that way.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:52 PM

62 posts, read 143,055 times
Hey, I don't really post that often; felt I could help this time. I'm in the military and received orders. I listed my house with Bogart and Murphy property management because several other service members used them with no problems. They set a price of $1395. Turned over the keys last week and got my first rent rent check deposited Wednesday.

POSITIVES: They don't charge a fee until it's rented. When rented it was 2% Of the lease (1 time) and 8% of rents collected monthly.

NEGATIVES: they only advertise on craigslist. It seemed to work for me though.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:23 PM

180 posts, read 391,522 times
Can anyone recommend a good PM company for someone who leaves out of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: