Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,275,149 times

Advertisements

Any home buyers been working with Century 21 Moneyworld? They were purchased by Prudential Americana, which was just Americana Group when my wife and I bought our first home together. Does this have any effect on olecapt? My buddy from Century 21 just told me they took his website down already, although his office and contact info is still the same. Is this just a local thing, or is Century 21 going away everywhere?

Prudential Americana acquires Century 21 MoneyWorld - Business - ReviewJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 06:16 PM

New name: Prudential American Group Realtors

Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 AM

1,600 posts, read 2,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Any home buyers been working with Century 21 Moneyworld? They were purchased by Prudential Americana, which was just Americana Group when my wife and I bought our first home together. Does this have any effect on olecapt? My buddy from Century 21 just told me they took his website down already, although his office and contact info is still the same. Is this just a local thing, or is Century 21 going away everywhere?

Prudential Americana acquires Century 21 MoneyWorld - Business - ReviewJournal.com
I'm working with a Realtor from there. She told me about it yesterday. She was also going to a meeting about the buyout. She told me that their tools for buyers would be more user friendly, whatever that means.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 AM

10,865 posts, read 16,951,328 times
I say, "Good."

I would never buy a house through a business called "Moneyworld." That sounds like a REALLY BAD loan company -- the kind of place Phil Rizzuto used to shill for.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 PM

1,600 posts, read 2,003,754 times
Well I didn't choose them, USAA sent me to them as one of their preferred Realtors. I'm in the program that pays you back so much after closing depending on the sales price of your home. For me it'll be a about a $1k, I'll just put it back into the house.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,235,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

Just a local thing. The offices are independently owned and operated.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Just a local thing. The offices are independently owned and operated.
Yeah, I think it is just one office, but the paper made it sound like it was all the Cent-21 offices.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,111,733 times
Just the one office.

It is still the Americana Group. Prudential Americana is simply the franchised Prudential site in Las Vegas. Americana also owns Prudential AZ and a part or all of Prudential CA.

Mark Stark who is the owner CEO has been on an acquisition kick for a while. He picked up the Summerlin Windermere Office a year or so ago. That is actually the office I work out of...run by a lady who came in from Windermere who is not only good at the business but she is nice to look upon.

Stark actually went BK a couple of years ago when the people he bought out of the company squeezed him as the market collapsed. Got bailed out by Prudential under reasonably good terms and continues to expand.

I suspect Stark will continue to pick off other local operations...particularly the one owner franchise shops, as he gets the opportunity.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 AM

10,865 posts, read 16,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
J
Mark Stark who is the owner CEO has been on an acquisition kick for a while.
Just curious -- what is Stark getting when he buys a franchise? Realtors (who can leave if they don't like the new status quo) and customer lists, I'm assuming.

Wouldn't it be easier to simply bring in a whole lot of Realtors into the fold at one of his existing operations?

I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:55 PM

347 posts, read 541,211 times
acquisitions are probably cheaper than expansions. Kinda like Exxon Mobil buying little mom and pops stations and turning them into Mobil stations. They'll buy your gas and you get a small percent of the profits without having to build the station yourself. Also, the more you see their names the more you think they are the big players and that'll probably bring in lots of customers while enlarging Stark's ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas