Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,137 times

Advertisements

I'm a registered nurse in tucson. I was was wondering what is it like to work in the hospitals in las vegas? I've been talking to a recruiter at Valley Hospital, but I have heard second hand that the hospitals are terrible in vegas to work in. I would like to hear from someone who actually works in a las vegas hospital, it would be greatly appreciated.

-David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 10:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
I do not know about the work, but I personally had bad experiences with Valley. I had a daughter that passed away there, which could not be explained. And also my Father In Law, shortly after leaving there. The only hospital that I trust in Vegas is Sunrise.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:15 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
I do not know about the work, but I personally had bad experiences with Valley. I had a daughter that passed away there, which could not be explained. And also my Father In Law, shortly after leaving there. The only hospital that I trust in Vegas is Sunrise.
Ouch!! Sorry to hear that.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
And my mother at UMC. Valley is the worst though. My daughter was only 12 days old, and had been born at Valley. When everything was happening, when she passed the Manager of the ER had come in on her day off. Which I kinda thought was funny. They had given us the option of having Sunrise or UMC coming to get her, since they were not a children's hospital. We chose Sunrise, but not once did they let us know how serious her condition was. Sunrise came just as she had passed. Made me really mad, because they should have one found her heart defect when she was born, and two told us when we came into the ER that they were not equipped to handle children's cases that well. The only reason that we brought her there was because she was born there, we figured that it would be better, because they had all her records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: