Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 PM

422 posts, read 1,084,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Those "asshats" were right and you were wrong. Those coins are legal tender and must be accepted as is. Unless you could point to a some weird, written company policy that states that all coins need to be pre-sorted/converted, then you were the one at fault. If I were your manager, I'd fire you too. Sorry if your feet were hurting, but it was your job, you chose it. I can guarantee that those "asshats" reported your name to your manager. I certainly would have. It looks like it worked too!
That's exactly what they were, 'asshats'! Why couldn't they walk 20 feet to convert the coins to bills? Because they were being unreasonable! No 'normal' person would take that much change to pay for their room or any other goods, especially when it could have been easily convert to bills. They were definitely jerks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 09:23 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhateme View Post
That's exactly what they were, 'asshats'! Why couldn't they walk 20 feet to convert the coins to bills? Because they were being unreasonable! No 'normal' person would take that much change to pay for their room or any other goods, especially when it could have been easily convert to bills. They were definitely jerks!
Couldn't you take it over there?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Jerk or not....they are the reason you had that job in the first place...I would fired yer lazy axe too.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:35 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
I would have accepted the coins and just counted them. I count fast and am accurate. So no problem. I would not have been rude to them. Calling people asshats will get you nowhere in life. Except maybe bitter.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Jerk or not....they are the reason you had that job in the first place...I would fired yer lazy axe too.
Did I say I wouldn't take them? NO! I just said they were jerks for not doing what most normal people would have done.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Couldn't you take it over there?
Did I say I couldn't?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:25 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
And you wonder why people hate you? (your user name)

Old 09-02-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
And you wonder why people hate you? (your user name)
Don't be deceived by a name or title. You can sound all nice and proper, but really, this would be a normal transacation from a normal person?

Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 AM

165 posts, read 600,781 times
The asshats didn't get me fired, another incident did.

There is no law that requires someone to accept money. I just told him professionally that I am not going to take your money in that condition and what the answer to the problem would be is to have to walk that **** to the cage and give me proper money for a $20 dollar sale like a grown up.

I didn't choose that job, this was the job that karma and circumstances got me into. My dream was to work in the middle of the f'ing desert working for a tight wad company dealing with dopey and a$$holish Californians. Not to mention desert rats, weirdoes, drug and gambling addicts and Jesus. The freak show only Nevada can provide.

Except for Lake Tahoe, they should close the state totally down and make it a combination prison, Indian reservation and nuclear test site. But I am wandering off the original premis of this conversation, so I shall return to it.

I used to work as a waiter (several years later) and I would give my tip money to the bank int he supermarket places and was nicely told by the girl that all the bills needed to be one way for her to accept them. I told it made no difference and made a fuss, but I respected that this (cute) girl had a ****ty service job too, so why not make life for her a little bit easier. it wasn't her that needed her money stacks all look alike, it was her employer.

I had a lot of clerks as a child that I needed to roll the change up. Not a big deal. Don't dump all your change for me to count. Asshat.

Lastly..............

Although Primmadonna sucked the big one as an employer, they made the best fried chicken of all time. God, it was so good. If God made fried chicken, it would taste like this. If you are ever on the I-15 (the Fear and Loathing Highway) get some chicken there!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Wow, Woogie. What an attitude.

I'm absolutely certain that everything you perceive to be wrong with your life is 100% your own fault, and probably has a lot to do with that attitude. You get what you give, and all I can say is that I'm quite glad that I'm not an acquaintance of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas