Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM

990 posts, read 2,558,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar_bluff_tree_farm View Post
I have an option to stay in one of the two hotels for a three night stay:

Wynn Las Vegas - $330, including 2 tickets to La reve and possibly $50 gambling credit

Caesars palace - $450. Basic room.

Any thoughts?

Caesars is not as nice of a hotel but I'm thinking the location is a bit better.
We really don't know alot about you.

As a frequent visitor to Las Vegas please allow me to make some generalizations.

If you like elegant surroundings and being pampered, Wynn or Bellagio are your best bets.

If on the other hand you are somewhat younger and looking to "hook up" than Caesars is more suitable. With a quicker and younger style.

As far as central locations, they are all pretty much in the thick of the action. Caesars and Bellagio are next door to each other, with Wynn a short distance north of the two.

I hope this helps. If you have a more refined question, please ask, as the persons on this forum will attempt to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,826 times
Looks like most everyone who understands a first class hotel recommends Wynn. Otoh, my favorite place to stay is Red Rock, which wasn't one of your considerations, as it is very, very nice with rooms done in contemporary, earth colors and at the same time, has a great, fun pool area. If you intend to hang around the Strip, you would need to have a car but a car is good because it allows you to get out and see more of what the city is really about and take advantage of some of the great food values and famous places.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:01 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
The Wynn is top notch but it is a good walk from there to the heart of the strip. The Parasol bar has the best pear martini I have ever had and my husband said the dirty martini was great with the huge blue cheese stuffed olive. The drinks at the Wynn are not for anyone on a budget but are a great splurge.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:18 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
Well for the price of those drinks, you may as well drop a twenty in a machine and hope to hit...at least enough to get another drink!!!

Old 04-03-2010, 12:34 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,028,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk View Post
And the Wynn location isn't horrible, it's only a block and a half away from Caesars.
A block and a half?! It's almost a block and a half just from the the CP's entrance to the Strip itself!

Seriously though, CP's address is 3570 and Wynn's is 3131 which represents about 4 1/2 blocks. And Mapquest indicates that they are .8 miles apart, and that is only straight down the Strip, not door-to-door.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
CP is soooo long to walk by! And to even get to the entrance. Then when you finally get to the entrance it is miles upon miles inside! LOL! Just sayin'.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Otoh, my favorite place to stay is Red Rock, which wasn't one of your considerations, as it is very, very nice with rooms done in contemporary, earth colors and at the same time, has a great, fun pool area.
Next time you are in town, try the MResort.. it just knocked off Red Rock as Best Locals Hotel. Ive been to the Red Rock, there is NO comparison... (not just because I work at the M though)

Old 04-03-2010, 02:13 PM

366 posts, read 1,213,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Well for the price of those drinks, you may as well drop a twenty in a machine and hope to hit...at least enough to get another drink!!!
Not anymore. The Wynn no longer comps players at ANY of their bars. You will never see my face in there again.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
Not anymore. The Wynn no longer comps players at ANY of their bars. You will never see my face in there again.
We were surpised by that as well. Wynn also did away with the shuttle it used to have from the Convention Center monorail stop. We still try to make it a point to stop by there when we are in town.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:36 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,826 times
I know, I've heard some good things about the M. We might need to be out there soon what with all the action this soon to expire housing incentive is bringing us. It's usually easiest to be based near Summerlin but I might just give the M some serious consideration since we never mind driving a bit for anything. Some friends in Anthem raved about the restaurants and buffet and R.R. is not that big in that catagory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas