Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 AM

6 posts, read 20,598 times

Advertisements

Specifically, I want a sectional sofa(leather type material or not) for around $500 or less. I also would like a memory foam type of mattress for $800 or less with the foundation.

I of course love tempur pedic but realize it is out of my price range. I once had a Sealy memory foam mattress that was great but can't remember the style. I read that Colleens Consignment can be good, but are these price ranges available and do they sell mattresses or bed sets? Also, how is La-z-boy? RC Willey? Macy's Home Store? I can't get a very good idea of how expensive they are from looking them up online or how low somewhere might go if we also bought a dining set, bed frame, etc. Do any of them deliver for free?

Any help is much appreciated, as I am looking to buy today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:50 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times
Sectional is going to be tough in your price range, you better stick to craigslist. On the mattress take a look at the Englanders Visiopedic you can probably pull that off for a queen.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,437 times
You could go with a memory foam mattress topper from Costco to keep in your price range.
Costco - Eco Memory Foam Toppers or Pillows=

Old 04-16-2010, 12:37 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
You can get memory foam mattresses from Walmart as well. All you have to do then is to get either some box springs and a frame, or get a platform bed where you only need the mattress.
Craigslist is good for furniture. Also the Consignment stores. If quality isn't an issue, try Walker furniture outlet.
RCWilley also has an outlet, and they make great furniture. You may want to try them first if you want better quality. But they won't be cheap. You can buy it with a payment plan.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:25 PM

98 posts, read 542,444 times
Cheap "memory foam" is horrible!!! I own a tempurpedic and have been house sitting at a place with a knock off - no comparison! I think it's a costco one. I actually bought an egg crate topper for it, that's how uncomfortable it is compared to the real thing. Also tempurpedic has a 25 year warranty!

You might get lucky on craigslist.

Don't waste your money on a knock off, seriously. You'd be better off buying an inexpensive firm mattress and a genuine tempeurpedic mattress topper. I used to have a firm mattress and a knock-off memory foam topper, the topper lasted less than 2 years (stopped springing back) and I'm not a big person.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Winknod, I agree about the cheaper knockoffs. They also do not spring back to normal after using it for awhile. But flipping it does help. I do that twice a year. The worst thing for me was getting used to the horrific smell when it was first put on. Whatever they use on it could almost kill someone. Probably causes cancer later on.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times
I got a mattress (king) at Colleens. I do not recommend it. We had it sent back twice. It got divets in it quick. They finally upgraded ours to one that is supposed to be memory foam but I doubt it is. It is a bit better than the first ones. They were under 1K. Got a beautiful K from Craigs that was brand new, someone's mom had bought it for a guest room in her apt. and never used it. Then she moved to assisted living. Paid $100. It is for our guest room and I actually like it better than ours. But we had to look for a while to find a good deal.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 AM

515 posts, read 1,180,091 times
I have to strongly disagree about buying tempurpedic. You have a choice - do no research and spend $2K for good quality, or do some research and spend $300 for good quality. About 6 years ago I went the "do some research" route with the help of the "cheaper-pedic" thread on fatwallet.com - I spent about $120 on an 5" thick king-size foam base from JC-Penny and about $150 for a 4" thick king-size memory foam mattress from overstock.com. Another $30 for zippered mattress cover and once the sheets are on you can't tell the difference between my $300 mattress and a $2K tempurpedic. 6 years later, the memory foam still returns to normal like brand new. Doing the research is key - if you go cheap without learning about foam density, firmness and finding some reviews of actual products you plan to buy, then you'll end up with a crummy bed. As the saying goes: Fast, good, cheap - pick any two.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:33 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,461 times
I've seen great deals on craiglsist for nice sectionals... and mattresses. I would not hesitate to use it.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
11" Memory Foam/Gel at Costco - King $699 The smell was minimal... when on top of box springs, imo, the mattress was terrible.. I took out the box springs... and replaced with 5/8 plywood.. Mattress is phenomenal!! Highly recommend.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas