Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:31 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times

Advertisements

I wish I could be there, but I cant, and I wouldn't know where to find a job like telemarketing. I dont think I would want to do that anyways, as that is all based on commission and nobody ever buys stuff from telemarketers anyways

It does make me feel a little better though knowing that I'd be able to get SOMETHING within a week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 02:13 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
If anything, I admire Davie's persistence. He definitely is a go getter (unlike me).

Old 05-07-2010, 02:33 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Telemarketing is usually hourly plus commission to start plus paid training.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:44 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,493 times
Craigslist and LVRJ. If people didnt buy things from telemarketers my phone wouldnt ring off the hook all day with someone trying to sell me something. It's all a numbers game.

The upside is that if you learn to sell you will always have a job.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
If anything, I admire Davie's persistence. He definitely is a go getter (unlike me).
one reason westgate seemed to have loved me so much

i remember reading another thread on here i forgot who the OP of it was, but he was complaining about doing job interviews and how if they like you they STILL dont call you back. I now know how that feels

I remember a post airics made too. "Nevada is the right to fire state"

I agree 100%

Old 05-08-2010, 08:59 AM

Also LVD, if my heart wasn't truly set on moving to LV, I would not be this persistent

Old 05-09-2010, 10:43 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
The type of jobs you have mentioned are not going to hire you without being here. They are the types who will say come in today or tomorrow and if I like you then I will hire you. If you say I'll be there in xx weeks they will immediately cross you off the list.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
The type of jobs you have mentioned are not going to hire you without being here. They are the types who will say come in today or tomorrow and if I like you then I will hire you. If you say I'll be there in xx weeks they will immediately cross you off the list.
Then perhaps I should just show up in LV and apply for jobs like crazy huh?

i wil lstill fill the online apps out anyways, as it cannot hurt to try

Old 05-10-2010, 02:35 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Then perhaps I should just show up in LV and apply for jobs like crazy huh?

i wil lstill fill the online apps out anyways, as it cannot hurt to try
I've moved on MANY a whim.....even out of country without jobs before - several times.

I've moved a lot in the u.s. too - Oregon, Arizona, Minnesota, New York, and California. NONE of which I had jobs lined up first.

If you are single and renting anyways....you should basically go wherever you want to go. Usually what I've always done with every move in the U.S., is I just schedule temp agencies appointments nearly every day with different ones until someone offers me a job. I've never waited more than two weeks at the MOST...usually more like just a few days though.

Honestly, a lot of good-hearted people give the advice of lining up a job beforehand. Personally, I think this seriously ONLY applies to people who love to BUY houses when they move places....and they drag along the wife and kids. You really DO need to plan well in advance if a person matches that description.

Single...and Rentor....literally you can go anywhere you want. A move from Orlando to Vegas. EASY MOVE - cost of living in Nevada is low as well. You are renting in Orlando anyways...and you probably change jobs all the time there just the same...if you are young anyways. If it doesn't work out, you basically lost airfare or gas money that took you out there - the rent is pretty much the same either place. Being a rentor means you can leave easily anytime with zero strings attached.

In other words, in your situation, easy decision, make the move!

Again, if someone was towing a family...or they are a person who loves to buy houses right away....particularly 'dream' houses....and significantly WORSE if a person combines those factors....AND doesn't have a plan or or a clue about anything....even moreso if they are asking weird questions about the weather or other obvious basic 101 research type stuff....or any combination whatsoever of those mixes....NO, don't move.

For you, well-researched, young, single, rentor, etc. Easy choice, make the move!

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 05-10-2010 at 02:50 AM..

Old 05-10-2010, 03:09 AM

208 posts, read 350,405 times
For what it's worth, I agree with Tiger Beer...you're young and motivated...worse case scenario, you might have to work 2-3 crappy jobs for a little while, before you find the right full time job.
You're young and single, you can literally eat crackers and sleep on a mattress on the floor for awhile if you need to. Go for it,you'll make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas