Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I'm glad you're still in the "honeymoon" stage with Vegas. I keep getting to hear all about you lastest adventures and it saves me the time having to find all the great places and deals myself.
Hey, my pleasure. Here's the latest "adventure":

After playing poker all afternoon at Ballys (won $58), my wife and I drove over to Wynn for their dinner buffet. We had never eaten at Wynn before, but when my parents were in town last week, they played the slots there using our Red cards and earned free buffets for us based on their play.

The Wynn buffet costs $34.95 + tax for dinner, but I have to say that it was by far the best buffet we have ever been to in our lives (and not just because we didn't have to pay for it). Bellagio cannot hold a candle to this place. Not only was everything we ate delicious, but I didn't even see any non-appetizing items at any of the serving stations. As an example, usually at a buffet, there will be some items that have been sitting out too long. Not here (at least not that I could see). They kept changing out the items and making sure nothing was just sitting around. Also, you'll usually find an oily/greasy item our two at an Asian station or an Italian station; again, not here. Everything looked (and tasted) fresh and well-prepared.

We will definitely eat there again, even on our own dime. Or, more accurately, our own $69.90.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM95 View Post
I predict in 6 months:
1) madman will be in AA and his wife will be stripping and will divorce him. 2) the house he bought for "less than what it sold for in 1996" will go to his wife and her new male friend who will take out a second mortgage on the house to fund his "pro poker player" career lol

ok, im kidding (sort of)
Hey, well at least I'll have a great six months!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:41 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
As for my weight gain....I haven't got on a scale yet, but my clothes are definitely getting tighter, lol. When I was working, we had a fitness center in our building and I would work out 3-4 days a week. Even though the Spanish Trail fitness center is only one block away from our house, I still haven't been there. That definitely has to change.

And soon!!
When you see this on TV and think, "Yeah, I gotta get me some of those," it's definitely time to hit the gym.

Button Pants Extender Set from Collections Etc.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Countless smiles in this thread

And a big beer is a warm beer in no time! I keep em small. If you want a beer with a punch, MMOB, check out Steiners. They serve Chimay. Not only is it delicious, but the alcohol content approaches (or is over) 8%. I can't recall, but its damn fine Belgian beer.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Countless smiles in this thread

And a big beer is a warm beer in no time! I keep em small. If you want a beer with a punch, MMOB, check out Steiners. They serve Chimay. Not only is it delicious, but the alcohol content approaches (or is over) 8%. I can't recall, but its damn fine Belgian beer.
Haven't been to Steiners yet, but I have had my share of Chimay over the years. Quite good. In fact, I would almost characterize it as a "sipping" beer, almost like you would drink a glass of wine.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrebutarrogant View Post
when you see this on tv and think, "yeah, i gotta get me some of those," it's definitely time to hit the gym.

button pants extender set from collections etc.
:d

Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Haven't been to Steiners yet, but I have had my share of Chimay over the years. Quite good. In fact, I would almost characterize it as a "sipping" beer, almost like you would drink a glass of wine.
Yes indeed. Cinq Cents served in a chalice is my favorite way to savor it. Like wine indeed.

In my opinion, Steiners serves some of the best bar food in Vegas. You will be hard pressed to find a better Reuben anywhere.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:15 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
I get so jealous listening to all the fun you guys have. I want a honeymoon with Las Vegas! I'm here in Tucson, surrounded by old people and kids whose idea of fine dining is grilled cheese, with a milk chaser. Sa-a-a-ave me!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:59 PM

25 posts, read 38,374 times
If MMOB gets ancy on the retirement gig he should be hired by the Chamber of LV or some LV agency advertising umpteen reasons of why to move or visit Vegas.

Your blogging on the retirement here is definitey uplifting. Pass the beer puh-leeze.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:43 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
When you see this on TV and think, "Yeah, I gotta get me some of those," it's definitely time to hit the gym.

Button Pants Extender Set from Collections Etc.
I need one for the zipper area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: