Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 AM

508 posts, read 1,019,183 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a nice and romantic restaurant with a patio. it would be nice if there was some foliage...

my mother wants a nice simple wedding 4-5 people max (including the bride and groom) but i want to give her a nice meal after and a cake she has never had one before????

she wants outdoors, no elvi, no big poofy dress just family and fun. :-)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 10:47 AM

932 posts, read 2,338,169 times
I've not eaten there, but I've been told by more than one person that Marche Bacchus in Desert Shores provides exactly what you're looking for. It's situated near one of Desert Shores' lakes.

Marche Bacchus - French Bistro & Wine Market

Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,829,843 times
It's not fine dining, and it's (way) off the strip, but there is Marche Bacchus. It's on the shore at Desert Shores - you can eat next to the water. Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris has a patio on the strip, but that's probably way too casual. Many of the strip resorts have a restaurant that has poolside dining. For instance, Bartolotta at Wynn (very pricey) has private cabanas around a lagoon that you can dine in. If you have the budget, I'd recommend that.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
I've not eaten there, but I've been told by more than one person that Marche Bacchus in Desert Shores provides exactly what you're looking for. It's situated near one of Desert Shores' lakes.

Marche Bacchus - French Bistro & Wine Market

wow i just looked up the pics online.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already called them... very nice to talk to. they are sending me some info! THANKS!!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:04 AM

Thanks Mediocre...

Im not limited on on strip only... I just want something small and nice... something romantic that she will always remember... her and this guy have been together 11 years now and finally desiding to tie the knot. she has never had anything nice before. she needs something special. (just not too expensive) he he he he

Old 05-25-2010, 11:30 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,231,831 times
I second MBA on all counts.

Mon Ami Gabi. The food is decent and priced well for a French bistro. I enjoy it as a lunch destination. It is a bit on the casual side, but still gourmet enough to make it a pretty nice experience. The Bellagio is adjacent.

That brings me to Olives at the Bellagio. While limited, the patio seating is right on the lake with impressive views of the fountain and the food is top shelf.

Charlie's Bistro at Lake Las Vegas offers patio dining. The food is adequate.

Like Lake Las Vegas, Marche Bacchus could be considered out of the way depending on where in town your coming from, but it's worth the trip. Also in that neck of the woods in Summerlin is Spiedini's at the JW Marriott. Great food reasonably priced and a nice outdoor patio with plenty of great areas for photo ops.

Many pricey-er options exist beyond this. If you enjoy seafood, check out Bartolotta. He employs a marine biologist and has Mediterranean seafood flown in and cooked within hours of it being caught. It's, hands down, one of the best meals I ever ate. The outdoor dining is pretty surreal. So is the bill.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,829,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
wow i just looked up the pics online.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already called them... very nice to talk to. they are sending me some info! THANKS!!!!
From the details you've provided, I think Marche Bacchus is your best bet. They definitely have "foliage" covered.

I did once get a very undercooked scallop appetizer there, and was not happy that they didn't offer to take it off the bill, or give me a replacement for the one scallop I ate, but that was an exception. Every other time I've been there the food has been fine.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,247,172 times
You might also want to check this place out for the wedding as it is right next to Marche Baccus at Desert Shores. Garden Wedding in Las Vegas, Outdoor Wedding in Vegas, Wedding Reception Vegas, Wedding Venues Vegas ::: Lakeside Weddings & Events

Old 05-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
You might also want to check this place out for the wedding as it is right next to Marche Baccus at Desert Shores. Garden Wedding in Las Vegas, Outdoor Wedding in Vegas, Wedding Reception Vegas, Wedding Venues Vegas ::: Lakeside Weddings & Events
i will check them out... its pretty there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I second MBA on all counts.

Mon Ami Gabi. The food is decent and priced well for a French bistro. I enjoy it as a lunch destination. It is a bit on the casual side, but still gourmet enough to make it a pretty nice experience. The Bellagio is adjacent.

That brings me to Olives at the Bellagio. While limited, the patio seating is right on the lake with impressive views of the fountain and the food is top shelf.
the bellagio wedding package start at 2G. they ONLY do wedding in their ugo wedding hall. and you can upgrade to an outside location for an extra 2g. my first thought was to have it at the botanical garden but nope the rude *ss wedding coordinator lady was like NO.

I said there are only 5 people can a package be customized. she said sure but it wont cost any less then 2G. and seriously thats how she said it.

Quote:
Charlie's Bistro at Lake Las Vegas offers patio dining. The food is adequate.
well i want something memorable. not just the food was not blah.

Quote:
Like Lake Las Vegas, Marche Bacchus could be considered out of the way depending on where in town your coming from, but it's worth the trip. Also in that neck of the woods in Summerlin is Spiedini's at the JW Marriott. Great food reasonably priced and a nice outdoor patio with plenty of great areas for photo ops.
I live in the green valley area....

Quote:
Many pricey-er options exist beyond this. If you enjoy seafood, check out Bartolotta. He employs a marine biologist and has Mediterranean seafood flown in and cooked within hours of it being caught. It's, hands down, one of the best meals I ever ate. The outdoor dining is pretty surreal. So is the bill.
No one in my family eats anything that comes out of the ocean.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,252,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Also in that neck of the woods in Summerlin is Spiedini's at the JW Marriott. Great food reasonably priced and a nice outdoor patio with plenty of great areas for photo ops.
My niece was married at the JW Marriott resort in Summerlin and we had a group there for a lo-o-ong weekend. The day we arrived we had a dinner at Spiedini. We were indoors at night (so I can't speak to the patio aspect), but the food was great and the service for our very family-ish group (about 12, teens to grands) was comfortable and friendly.

SK is also right about the excellent photo opportunities. And that resort specializes in weddings (they have a beautiful and rather secluded wedding gazebo), so I'm sure they've got your cake covered.

Best wishes to Mom and her beau, no matter where you celebrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas