Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 12:10 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,868,129 times

Advertisements

I had no idea - Enterprise sounds worth a look - how long is the commute to Nellis? About 35-40 min? Or shorter? Or longer? 1/2 acre lots sound really enticing, but I have a feeling it is a terrible location for commuting to the far NE.

Any other areas in Clark County like this? I like "older" neighborhoods that have trees and houses that are not all various shades of beige and brown. I am giving us a year to get Las Vegas figured out but it is huge and I have a feeling a year will go by quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 12:17 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,977,348 times
its about as far as you can get from Nelis...

Old 05-30-2010, 12:23 AM

Yeah it looks like that. Anything else like that any closer? At all closer? Henderson is almost just as far, huh?

We will be coming from a town of maybe 3000 people with a major grocery store and a Walmart. 2+ acre lots on up to ranches in our area. Its a bit rural for me but I have a feeling zero lot lines are going to make me feel claustrophobic. Something a bit more "suburban" would be more comfortable.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:50 AM

49 posts, read 186,872 times
Henderson is right next door, nothing like going to Nellis.. we go to the AFB every month and depending on traffic, it's like a 30 minute drive on the 15.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,050,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Yeah it looks like that. Anything else like that any closer? At all closer? Henderson is almost just as far, huh?

We will be coming from a town of maybe 3000 people with a major grocery store and a Walmart. 2+ acre lots on up to ranches in our area. Its a bit rural for me but I have a feeling zero lot lines are going to make me feel claustrophobic. Something a bit more "suburban" would be more comfortable.
The NW. The big RNP (Rural Neighborhood Preserve - 1/2 acre suburban zoning) is Lone Mountain. That is straight west on 215 from Nellis.

There are also segments by Floyd Lamb Park in 89131.

There are other such segments scattered at various places around the city.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:25 AM

249 posts, read 647,845 times
well I flew in last night.... the airport is very cool, feels like a mall ! big difference from newark, nj !
I drove down the strip.... very cool ! loved it:-)
then drove out to Pahrump.... it was very dark so I really couldn't see much but the I did see alot of devleopments on the way, I saw some nice homes by Ryland... and they were about 20 min or so from the strip... not bad !
Will spend the week looking around as this might be our new home !

Old 05-30-2010, 01:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,050,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvidal View Post
well I flew in last night.... the airport is very cool, feels like a mall ! big difference from newark, nj !
I drove down the strip.... very cool ! loved it:-)
then drove out to Pahrump.... it was very dark so I really couldn't see much but the I did see alot of devleopments on the way, I saw some nice homes by Ryland... and they were about 20 min or so from the strip... not bad !
Will spend the week looking around as this might be our new home !
You will not get from Pahrump to the strip in less than an hour unless you do it at 2AM.

Even the far SW is tough. There are few routes and they clog real bad.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:43 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,228,548 times
Quote:
I had no idea - Enterprise sounds worth a look - how long is the commute to Nellis? About 35-40 min? Or shorter? Or longer? 1/2 acre lots sound really enticing, but I have a feeling it is a terrible location for commuting to the far NE.

Any other areas in Clark County like this? I like "older" neighborhoods that have trees and houses that are not all various shades of beige and brown. I am giving us a year to get Las Vegas figured out but it is huge and I have a feeling a year will go by quickly.
Commuting from the NE to enterprise takes a little over an hour on the worst day due to slow traffic on the I-15. The worst time to travel would be around 2-5 PM.

Average is about 35-45 minutes. It is about 23 miles which is a slightly longer commute than from Henderson, Summerlin or Centennial Hills, but it is primarily freeway speeds which cuts down on travel time.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAT. View Post
Henderson is right next door, nothing like going to Nellis.. we go to the AFB every month and depending on traffic, it's like a 30 minute drive on the 15.
Oh what I meant was Enterprise to Nellis vs. Henderson to Nellis, not Enterprise to Henderson.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:45 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,228,548 times
Quote:
Oh what I meant was Enterprise to Nellis vs. Henderson to Nellis, not Enterprise to Henderson.
See my post above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas