Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:22 PM

116 posts, read 409,046 times

Advertisements

I am living in the dallas area now and it is way way better here for work and friendly people.They are building houses here like they are going out of style,business are hiring everywhere and new roads are being built everywhere.There is no economic downturn here,it might be the complete opposite.On the news the other day they had an estimated 5000 people a month moving to north texas.If I did not have to work for a living las vegas is still an ok place to live.I used to think that vegas was all brand new looking,buildings,streets,mall etc. but north texas IS all brand new,concrete roads not the dirty asphalt streets.If anyone is considering moving somewhere I would highly think of looking in north texas plano,mckinney,frisco,allen all really nice places to live and work.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:26 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bascat348 View Post
I am living in the dallas area now and it is way way better here for work and friendly people.They are building houses here like they are going out of style,business are hiring everywhere and new roads are being built everywhere.There is no economic downturn here,it might be the complete opposite.On the news the other day they had an estimated 5000 people a month moving to north texas.If I did not have to work for a living las vegas is still an ok place to live.I used to think that vegas was all brand new looking,buildings,streets,mall etc. but north texas IS all brand new,concrete roads not the dirty asphalt streets.If anyone is considering moving somewhere I would highly think of looking in north texas plano,mckinney,frisco,allen all really nice places to live and work.
LOL...my sentiments exactly.
I'm from Nevada originally and unless somebody has to take care of a sick parent/relative or has a great job lined up,I warn them against moving to Nevada.
In 1999-2005,sure...but not now.

High unemployment+ High crime + Still ridiculously high rents = A disaster waiting happen.

I have only been to Dallas a few times,but it seems to have somewhat more going for it than Nevada does at this time.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
I am sure that I speak for all the locals here in that we are glad that you left because of your constant Vegas bashing. Please let it go and please do your Vegas bashing on the Dallas forum from now on. I have lived in Dallas myself, and found it to be a total hellhole, even worse than Phoenix where I am from. I hated living in the police state of Texas in general. You could not pay me enough money to live in Dallas. I also found the people in Dallas to be the most evil, stuck up snobs I have ever met, especially in the Plano area. I am more than sure you will fit in there just fine with those types.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
I am glad you found a place that you like. But you have to remember not everyone wants the same thing you do. For me, I cannot handle humidity too well, so Texas is out. I like Las Vegas for so many reasons. It would take a really long list and too much to list here as to why I like it and continue to stay here. To each their own. Good luck in your new life there. Hope it works out for you in the long run.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Been there (Plano TX) and done that. Have no desire to live there again. Today is was a "cool" 95 degree humid day there. Tomorrow it will be a "warm" 100 and pretty much the rest of the week. Of course it is not summer yet so the "hot" weather is still a month away. Then it will be 105 to 110 everyday with humidity.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:42 PM

123 posts, read 271,422 times
LOL...this guy (OP) is the wrong occupation....he should be a stand up comic.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:04 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfirst View Post
LOL...this guy (OP) is the wrong occupation....he should be a stand up comic.
No, not a stand up comic. The OP and the Vegas basher from Ft. Worth should team up and form a ventriloquist and dummy act. Of course, it could prove difficult to tell one from the other.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:21 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. It simply isn't sustainable.

South Florida and Phoenix are already competing trying to build the world's largest parking lot...and last I knew, it's over-rated.

Sounds like you prefer the parking lots with the freshest pavements...enjoy 'North Texas'.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:40 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
kinda like Vegas when WE got overrun......waitin for the NEXT crash.....we were doin PERFECTLY well until all the psuedo investors decided to make a run on us....

Old 06-07-2010, 02:11 PM

17 posts, read 22,794 times
Oh, I had to smile at the OP's comments. I'm a life long Texan and have lived in DFW area since 1993. He's seeing things a bit through rose colored glasses I believe. While I would recommend that north Texas is a great place to live there is the "Texas Attitude" that abounds. And if you like it, suits you, more power to you. Just know, that while Texas folks are friendly and helpful on the whole, you're also expected to "know your place" in certain parts of town. There's still a touch of Old South social understandings and lots and lots of pockets of "Bubbaville" residents everywhere.

Don't get me wrong I love being in Texas but after visiting LV for 10 years I know the Las Vegas desert is where I belong; big difference!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: