Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,620 times

Advertisements

i was on my way to vegas two month ago in April
because it was so late(almost 10pm, 20 miles or so away from vegas), all we wanted to do was get to the buffet and eat

so i was a tad bit over the speed limit, and missed a few turn signals.

i tried to go onto
Home

and
Welcome to the Clark County Courts in Las Vegas

to find our information about my ticket,
but there is nothing to be found..

and i didnt receive anything in the mail.

the court date is due on the 4th of August, 2010

i was driving a rental car, and i told the police officer that.

not sure what i should do..

can someone please shade me some light in this situation?

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 PM

422 posts, read 1,084,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid814 View Post
i was on my way to vegas two month ago in April
because it was so late(almost 10pm, 20 miles or so away from vegas), all we wanted to do was get to the buffet and eat

so i was a tad bit over the speed limit, and missed a few turn signals.

i tried to go onto
Home

and
Welcome to the Clark County Courts in Las Vegas

to find our information about my ticket,
but there is nothing to be found..

and i didnt receive anything in the mail.

the court date is due on the 4th of August, 2010

i was driving a rental car, and i told the police officer that.

thank you
Be patient, it will eventually show up on that site. I got a citation for not wearing a seat belt (early March), however he said he pulled me over for a little guardian angel dangling from my window and said that was 'obstructing my view'. NHP can't pull you over for not wearing a seat belt, since it's a secondary offense. The officer saw, from the right side of my car, passenger side window down, I didn't have my seat belt on. He immediately slowed down to get in back of me, in passing lane. He turned his siren on and I pulled over. He pointed to the little guardian angel and said that was why he was pulling me over and proceeded to not cite me for that 'violation' but cited me for no seatbelt. I am appealing and my appeal date is June 28th. My information wasn't on line until the end of May.

This is where I finally saw my information: https://www.clarkcountycourts.us/Anonymous/default.aspx

Leading me to ask if anyone has ever appealed a traffic offense, and if so, what should I expect? The officer seeing me not wearing a seat belt is the only reason why he pulled me over. I see handicap placards, tassels, beads and numerous other object hanging from review mirror and if this is a violation, NHP/Metro are ignoring a lot of these so-called violations.

Footnote: I usually wear my seatbelt, however this day I was leaving work during lunch and needed to make a quick stop, about 2 miles away. I know it's not a legitimate excuse for not wearing seatbelt, but I didn't have it on this rare time. Didn't want people to start telling me what an idot I am for not wearing seatbelt! (LOL)

Last edited by whyhateme; 06-14-2010 at 10:34 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
I almost got nailed today myself. It takes a while for a ticket to appear in the system.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:05 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I almost got nailed today myself. It takes a while for a ticket to appear in the system.
Did you outrun them?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid814 View Post

thank you

Yes, drive no more than 9 miles over the speed limit on highways...and drive the speed limit on local roads. Always use your turn signals when turning, changing lanes, or pulling out onto a road.

Been driving for over 36 years...and never received a ticket in my life.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:47 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Yes, drive no more than 9 miles over the speed limit on highways...
I always heard the police officer mantra was 8 you're great (8 mph over), 9 you're mine.

To the OP, after the ticket shows up on the site, call the court and see if you can just pay the ticket and take internet traffic school. That will change the ticket to a non-moving violation that won't have any effect on your insurance rates.

Alternately you could call one of the many "beat a ticket" attorneys in town and they can get your ticket reduced to a non-moving violation without having you attend traffic school, but I heard you'll usually still have to pay the ticket plus their fees.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:23 AM

46 posts, read 109,877 times
With the budgets the way they are, all revenue is fare game. And all the politicians see the masses as, is a source of revenue. Why do you think that you can just pay the fine online. What did that cost the state? It is just a revenue stream. So speed speed speed we need the money in nevada.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 AM

418 posts, read 1,348,729 times
All you can do is wait
pay the fine ..
pay the increased insurance (if you still have a license)
pay the rental company fine .. yes they may fine you too ..

Most important .. drive the speed limit.

You may be the most talented driver on earth ..
When you suddenly come up behind the worst .. and you are speeding ..

Well as you like Las Vegas .. check the spread on that bet ...
You may not like the odds

Old 06-15-2010, 09:58 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
There should be a phone number you can call on the ticket itself, maybe you can get more info that way.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
I bet I know more people ticketed come from and going to Vegas than any other singular place. Several have fought these tickets either by showing up when an officer doesn't or using lawyers as suggested in another post. Still others just consider it a cost of "doing business" in Sin City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas