Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:41 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,056,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanya View Post
we have to move to vegas. My husband got a job there. Is there one person who likes it. After 1000 negative threats I am scarred ! We are family of 4. I checked schools. Henderson and Summerlin has the best schools in State. We have realtor looking for house to rent. We are going in July to check it out. Moving in late August. Is there 1 person who likes it? Please give me hope.
Sorry?

The vast majority of the contributors to this list like Las Vegas.

I certainly do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 12:42 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,982,589 times
obviously you only looked for the negative.....read the threads. for every ONE that doesnt like it there are 1000 that LOVE it here.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:04 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,968,010 times
Quote:
we have to move to vegas. My husband got a job there. Is there one person who likes it. After 1000 negative threats I am scarred ! We are family of 4. I checked schools. Henderson and Summerlin has the best schools in State. We have realtor looking for house to rent. We are going in July to check it out. Moving in late August. Is there 1 person who likes it? Please give me hope.
It sounds like you are typical of most people...they browse the new forum searching for all of the negative titled threads...and then fear the worse.

As a regular Las Vegas forum viewer...80% (or even much higher) of it is positive with people who really like living in Las Vegas...you just need to view a lot more...and try NOT to focus on opening ONLY the negative thread titles that you see.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:57 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,619,890 times
Quote:
Much of Vegas (residential at least) is bright, shiney, and offers alot of options in newer housing. Summerlin is a nice area. There really is much to like about Vegas...great shopping, some amazing outdoor recreation areas outside the city, the masterplans are very livable, and its really easy to find your way around. I would rate the job the city does maintaining the parks, streets, ect as excellent (at least on the West side of the city). Many people complain because they lost money (sometimes HUGE amounts) on their homes and/or lost their jobs. While Vegas is one of the cities hardest hit, these circumstances certainly aren't specific to the city.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,900,961 times
Yep...there are a lot of people who love Vegas. Include me on that list. Search a little harder, the threads are here....

Why would you be looking for positive feedback in a thread with this title?

Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 AM

52 posts, read 227,279 times
EVERY morning i look out at the mountains, blue skies and sunshine and realize how lucky i am!

Old 06-13-2010, 04:36 AM

64 posts, read 180,237 times
We are moving because we are military.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:21 PM

6 posts, read 10,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
obviously you only looked for the negative.....read the threads. for every ONE that doesnt like it there are 1000 that LOVE it here.
I am far away to be negative. Search in google: moving-henderson, (summerlin) and check it out!
For about a month I search on city-data and read ALL threads. What I got was: Las Vegas - don't move, Phenix is better, loosers from LA are moving here, schools sucks, crime high, no jobs, people rude, hard to make friends, very hot, wind, polution and so on ...

Thank you all. Light in the tunnel. ufff

Old 06-13-2010, 03:36 PM

5 posts, read 7,495 times
Hey,,, You didn't mention anything about the scorpions , spiders, or snakes!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:11 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,968,010 times
Quote:
I am far away to be negative. Search in google: moving-henderson, (summerlin) and check it out!
For about a month I search on city-data and read ALL threads. What I got was: Las Vegas - don't move, Phenix is better, loosers from LA are moving here, schools sucks, crime high, no jobs, people rude, hard to make friends, very hot, wind, polution and so on ...

Thank you all. Light in the tunnel. ufff
Actually, your post is the most negative I've read on Vegas in a very, very, long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas