Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:14 PM

121 posts, read 243,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvenom View Post
Hi all

Im try to find a place to start and maybe some info on if its even possible.

Ok so there are 5 of us who want to move to Houston

Me and the wife 28 and 25
My mum and Dad 53 50
My Brother 23

We need to purchase 3 homes
Want to start 2 businesses (Move ours over)
Need to buy Cars and furnish the homes
Will not need loans to do this we have the cash to just buy every thing and rent places for the Businesses.

So i want to move over in the next 12 - 18 months so Can it even be done ??

What is the processes

Where do i start

Ill be coming to the US from the 25th of October and will be the for a month i hope to have it all sorted and approved by the end of my trip..

Thanks any and all info is needed please
Business Visas are usually extended to those who purchase an existing or set up a legitimate business with the capacity to employ locals. Of course, you need to have evidence to show that the business (and its directors) has(ve) sufficient working capital and assets to meet its obligations.

Perhaps, you may consider purchasing a business and then using the business to sponsor your brother with the E3 Visa (only available for Australians).

Perhaps, your brother and father may consider being directors of the same organisation, in which case, all of you can migrate to the US.

Your case is different to others because you are self-employed.

It is do-able with further research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 PM

7 posts, read 10,524 times
So would it be better to buy a business that is already there ?
Or start a new one?

Now if i buy the business and make my brother and father directors does this mean my mother and wife may come to?

And is there a minimum i need to spend on a business to do this option as we need to purchase homes and cars and such.

Thanks joeldew

Old 04-03-2011, 09:55 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,459,247 times
Have you yet researched the USCIS website? It's so easy to navigate and the answers to most of your questions are right there if you take the time.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:43 PM

7 posts, read 10,524 times
STT i must be missing something on that site as im unable to find any thing about the purchase of a bussiness to migrateto the USA.

I understand your saying its easy but when your ready so much it all blends lol

Old 04-03-2011, 11:19 PM

Look under "investment visa" for a start. I really am not sure why you're having a problem navigating the site as the first basic point and click questions asked of you on the LH side of the first page take you further. Honestly, I don't mean to sound snippy but the info is right there if you just take the time and best to get it from the official source. Cheers!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:12 AM

23,980 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
Not gonna work, the OP doesn't have enough money.
Well, he could bring spouse and kids on 500k investment at risk then sponsor the parents in five years when he applies for citizenship. Or the Australian based business expands and he goes the L1/GC route.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,158,363 times
I think it would take at least 2 years for the paperwork. Houston is not such a bad place, higher cancer rate though, too many chemicals in the water. But, not such a bad job base, affordable homes, somewhat good public schools depending on where you live.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 AM

121 posts, read 243,682 times
G'day,

Quote:
So would it be better to buy a business that is already there ?
Or start a new one?
From an "immigration" point-of-view, it doesn't really matter BUT the business must have the capacity to employ locals.

From an "investment" point of view, it's relative to what the market dictates.

In which industry are you involved?

Quote:
Now if i buy the business and make my brother and father directors does this mean my mother and wife may come to?
Absolutely. By virtue of being "directors", they are fundamentally the "business owners".

Quote:
And is there a minimum i need to spend on a business to do this option as we need to purchase homes and cars and such

Thanks joeldew
Each State has its own requirements and regulations for foreign investors. However, given the state of the US economy, many States are relaxing its rules. Hence, you may find yourself in a very favourable position

Best of Luck

Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 PM

541 posts, read 1,335,044 times
watch cnn..are you sure,you want to move to usa?are you aware,what is going on in the usa right now???economy is a diaster...and and..and..get informed first...
http://www.cnn.com/
http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/07/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/06/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...kotlikoff.html

http://mondediplo.com/2008/02/05military

i am european and i would not bring so much money hier right now...

Last edited by Buburuza13; 04-07-2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
watch cnn..are you sure,you want to move to usa?are you aware,what is going on in the usa right now???economy is a diaster...and and..and..get informed first...
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
Government shutdown threat paralyzes contractors - Apr. 7, 2011

Government shutdown: White House details consequences - Apr. 6, 2011

U.S. Is Bankrupt and We Don

Why the US has really gone broke - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition

i am european and i would not bring so much money hier right now...
With all due respect, CNN isn't the be-all and end-all where political commentary is concerned ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration