Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:08 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull5039 View Post
jwyatt123, yes its a real problem for you know these days, its very risky to go to Africa, Kenya or something like that, you can go to some other country where job scope could be much better like U.S or Canada and so on.
Probably would help if you read the thread, although the OP has long since left it. He apparently is a US citizen and lives in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 01:38 PM

142 posts, read 567,823 times
Sounds like the white man be holding him down...

Old 12-21-2011, 02:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Department of Immigration Services

Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
He's flat broke but can afford to move halway around the world?
And internet and a personal computer!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
And internet and a personal computer!
That's the least of many people's expenses.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:58 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,898,193 times
Default Yes, the OP is no longer participating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The OP started this silly thread at the beginning of September and has neither returned to it nor posted on any other CD forum since then.
Actually, the OP did return to this thread several times after starting it, but essentially you are correct in that he has not returned to it in a long time. His last post on CD was in this thread on September 8, 2011. So here it is about a month after your pointing out that the OP is AWOL in his own thread and that is still the case. All the rest of us should realize we are just talking to each other about it now; nothing wrong with that per se. However, I would be surprised if the OP ever makes an appearance again after a three and a half month absence.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Yes, he returned to it at the beginning of September. Four posts in two days total and then he went out of Africa never to be heard from again. Maybe he found his Shangri-La.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:54 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,749,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Ah Hah! There is your answer Sahib! You want no government? Somalia!!!!!!!There is a few pirates there looking for ship mates!! May your pita bread not mold and your pistachios stay crunchy!!! ALLAH AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!weweweweewewe!
Reminds me of a South Park episode where the boys steal their parents credit cards so they can fly to Somalia and be pirates.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 691 times
Smile you have found

welcome to kenya. the country of your choice. my name is enock ondara.male kenyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwyatt123 View Post
I will be homeless in less than eight months. I will have no family and no home to go to. I will not be able to rent shelter or an apartment soon. I will be on the streets.

I would rather be homeless in Africa than homeless in Detroit.

I plan to save up for six months.

What is the best way about moving to Africa? What are all of the necessary documents needed to move? Will I need good credit?

I want to find work in either Kenya or Libya or any other community that is not in rulership of the pale Arabs. (except Mommar Gaddafi) or a community that is in rulership of any European or American power/state whatsoever.

I want to work for my food and shelter. I want to build luxury and a good home and assmilate into a good community of a loving people.

I know that the people of the Motherland will be of good courtship in helping me build.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:05 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
OK. Obviously the OP knew nothing about Africa. He did have many romantic fantasies about sub-Saharan Africa. We all heard how he wished he could just get up and reside in the land of his ancestors. However, do I really blame him for this sentiment. Not really! Let me explain. I think that these views and ideas were almost like a product of his environment, and most likely, his education (though limited). I have known many teachers here in NJ that have taught at inner-city schools. One classmate, who taught at a predominentely black inner city school described it as "afro-centric," even though it is a public high school. Now, some might dismiss what was told to me, however after knowing some of these individuals for a very long time, I know they are by no means racist. I was told numerous times by more than one individual that the educational system perpetrates a victim mentality that they can not get ahead because of their race. The teachers say it, their parents say it, soon their peers say it and it becomes accepted as fact within most of that community. It is passed down over the generations and from peer to peer. With the victim mentality comes many other common falsely held beliefs such as a very romantic picture of pre-slavery lives and modern Africa. One white woman who taught in such a school said that the students in one class were so pro-Africa that one day she decided to show off her pictures of a trip to Kenya and Tanzania that she took. Basically the pictures of the huts and shacks that most people reside in that part of the world caused the students to become highly offended. They did not even believe that she went to East Africa because of the romantic notions that modern Kenyans and Tanzanians live glamorous lives in large luxurious homes. Fear of being labeled a racist and possibly even assaulted, she quickly put the photographs away. I have also heard more than my share of stories on how everything associated with "white" is the problem, including true academic learning. In fact, it is well documented that students in many inner-city schools that perform academically well are seen as "acting white" and are targets for harassment from their peers. Also, without proper and more descent education, nothing is going to be truly learned about the African continent from such students. Hence, romantic notions about Africa will continue to become commonplace in many poor African-American communities as long as the teachers, principles and other authority figures continue to teach students that they are victims of society. How will this cycle be broken? I do not know. Many people have theories but I am not going to discuss them. I am simply here to state that due to the poor quality of education in his community, along with common myths that can only be broken by a better education, his beliefs are simply the result of the poor state of affairs in our inner-city neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration