Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:52 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
Mexico needs to worry about keeping the illegal Americans out.
Yeah, when I hear someone say "you gotta go where the money is", I immediately think of Mexico. Thanks for ousting me by the way. I was half way finished digging my tunnel under the border to sneak into Tijuana illegally and fulfill my lifelong aspiration to cash in on the lucrative landscaping market in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 10:42 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,236,953 times
Any Mexicans who want to come here now are fools. Why would you want to come to a country with 25-30% REAL unemployment? Sure, wages are lower in Mexico, but at least there are jobs there.

It won't be long until Mexico will need to beef up their border patrol to catch Americans entering Mexico illegally in search of jobs.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:23 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
It won't be long until Mexico will need to beef up their border patrol to catch Americans entering Mexico illegally in search of jobs.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:53 PM

24 posts, read 105,072 times
It is beyond ridiculous that people honestly believe an undocumented worker would risk their life, deportation, pay smugglers thousands of dollars to cross the border just to end up on meager benefits Asking you, do you think the risks outweigh the benefits? The money they would allegedly make from benefits they could (and do) earn and more by working. I've read the books and stats, and they repeatedly conclude that 'illegals' pay more than they take out, especially in social security, which they don't ever get to access.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:35 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,340,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Yeah, when I hear someone say "you gotta go where the money is", I immediately think of Mexico. Thanks for ousting me by the way. I was half way finished digging my tunnel under the border to sneak into Tijuana illegally and fulfill my lifelong aspiration to cash in on the lucrative landscaping market in Mexico.
You do know that the richest man in the world, Carlos Slim, lives in Mexico? Mexico has a large developing middle class and because of its tax system which is now similar to the U.S. (tax the poor and let the rich keep their money) Mexico has a huge filthy rich class. Mexico does have lower wages than in the U.S., but low wages also reflect a low cost of living and low wages are better than no wages at all.

Travel to Mexico and your views about it will change.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:41 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,663,665 times
I don't have much faith in fence's, wall's or legislation to curtail 14,000 years of people walking back and forth across North and South America. They come here because thats what mankind has always done for 200,000 years. IMO There are not holes in our borders, but there are holes in our society and economic system that can only be filled by immigrants. As long as there is a place for them they will fill the void.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 11-24-2011 at 09:56 AM..

Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
If they are illegal, they don't get WIC or Food Stamps. Everybody in the U.S. gets healthcare that's why we need a system that offers Universal Healthcare so we can control costs. Working illegals who are paying rent are paying property taxes through their landlords and they are paying for public schools. Illegals are also paying sales taxes, fuel taxes and other taxes for which they will never benefit but you will.

Us Americans in Mexico can sign up for Seguro Publico and get free healthcare or for $300 a year, we can get Mexican Medicare called IMSS and it pays 100% of all care including all medicines, unlike US Medicare that has deductibles.
But their american born kids DO!!! If they give the benefits to the kids, then the adults are getting them de facto too.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:28 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,083,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
But their american born kids DO!!! If they give the benefits to the kids, then the adults are getting them de facto too.
not necessarily---but if they did so what---how would you respond if you were the illegal in another country?

i worked with mexican families---those anti immigrants should try living their cushy lifestyle here before any negative comments are made

Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 AM

14 posts, read 32,005 times
It kills me how when you say the truth about mexican folks the defender get very defensive maybe b/c they have some hispanic blood in them too.

It's obvious that a lot of people don't like mexican's but we of course are trying to be morally respectful.

I see every defensive, replying with a wt or black comment. I guess to keep them off topic that's not going to stop the facts from being spilled.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:19 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,340,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Their U.S.A. born children are U.S. citizens and the parents of those citizens pay taxes. If they can't receive any of the benefits of the taxes they pay, then refund all their taxes. Better idea, expand your sources of information from only Faux News.

Unauthorized Immigrants Pay Taxes, Too | Immigration Policy Center

Quote:
Collectively, these households paid $11.2 billion in state and local taxes. That included $1.2 billion in personal income taxes, $1.6 billion in property taxes, and $8.4 billion in sales taxes. The states receiving the most tax revenue from households headed by unauthorized immigrants were California ($2.7 billion), Texas ($1.6 billion), Florida ($806.8 million), New York ($662.4 million), and Illinois ($499.2 million)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration