U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
 
Location: New York
1 posts, read 8,647 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

How can I get Green card through marriage if I already 2 Years overstayed in USA with a (ESTA)travel visa?
What is the process?
Is it possible to get it?
Please Help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 AM
 
35,104 posts, read 44,269,413 times
Reputation: 62297
Go back to your own country and make the application to come to the USA "legally". Then when you get back you can get married.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2012, 03:59 AM
 
Location: Rogers, Arkansas
1,280 posts, read 4,363,114 times
Reputation: 1219
You will need a waiver to get a visa. Ie at your visa interview, you will be denied, and then you hand in a waiver, showing it would be a substantial hardship for your US citizen wive not to have you with her in the USA/ for her to have to move abroad. The alternative is to wait out the ban, which is ten years, in your home country or another country together.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 AM
 
Location: SWUS
5,420 posts, read 8,325,153 times
Reputation: 5825
Keep in mind that if they found out that you overstayed your visa by two years, the govt. may just deny you a visa/green card when you try to go about it the legal way, or bar you from entering the US legally for a period of time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2012, 08:24 AM
 
16,931 posts, read 2,152,702 times
Reputation: 27915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
You will need a waiver to get a visa. Ie at your visa interview, you will be denied, and then you hand in a waiver, showing it would be a substantial hardship for your US citizen wive not to have you with her in the USA/ for her to have to move abroad. The alternative is to wait out the ban, which is ten years, in your home country or another country together.
You are absolutely correct.
I am sometimes fascinated by the open hostility in this forum. Judge/jury/CNN all in one line:>(
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
 
9,410 posts, read 12,448,689 times
Reputation: 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
You are absolutely correct.
I am sometimes fascinated by the open hostility in this forum. Judge/jury/CNN all in one line:>(
For those of us who came here legally, complete with the cost of immigrating, the long processing of Visas and the time spent apart from our loved one because of how our Visa was processed, it is a slap in the face that people want to take short cuts and do things the wrong way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
 
16,931 posts, read 2,152,702 times
Reputation: 27915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
For those of us who came here legally, complete with the cost of immigrating, the long processing of Visas and the time spent apart from our loved one because of how our Visa was processed, it is a slap in the face that people want to take short cuts and do things the wrong way.


Do you know the story behind that post? Did OP want to take a short cut and do things the wrong way? I do not.

OP asked questions. Not more. Not less. The questions were partially answered.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 PM
 
356 posts, read 766,753 times
Reputation: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
You are absolutely correct.
I am sometimes fascinated by the open hostility in this forum. Judge/jury/FOXNews all in one line:>(
Corrected your post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
 
9,410 posts, read 12,448,689 times
Reputation: 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB24 View Post
How can I get Green card through marriage if I already 2 Years overstayed in USA with a (ESTA)travel visa?
What is the process?
Is it possible to get it?
Please Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Do you know the story behind that post? Did OP want to take a short cut and do things the wrong way? I do not.

OP asked questions. Not more. Not less. The questions were partially answered.
Try reading the original post then.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 AM
 
47,531 posts, read 63,668,350 times
Reputation: 22340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Do you know the story behind that post? Did OP want to take a short cut and do things the wrong way? I do not.

OP asked questions. Not more. Not less. The questions were partially answered.
Overstaying a visa is certainly the wrong and illegal way to go about it. And if the marriage is really based on love, then there is nothing stopping the couple from living in the other country until things are worked out.

Immigrants can be good, but we need the more law-abiding kinds. Those trying to get around the laws aren't the kind we need.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top