Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:39 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times

Advertisements

I just swore in last week. I paid a fee of $680.00. I am married to a natural born US-Citizen and i have lived in this country fro 14 years. The whole process took just over 3 months. But I think the average time is 6 months.
My BF and her fam. from Sweden also became citizens last year. They also paid $680.00.

And do not waste your money on a lawyer. Unless you really need one...It is not hard to fill out the paper works. It is very straight forward. Just be 100% truthful in all your answers and the process should move along smoothly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
wow! what kind of work visa did you get? and on what kind of job? you're extremely lucky to have your greencard that fast, unless i didnt get your post right
It was just a standard visa to work while waiting on the greencard, I cant remember the number. Id been married 2 years already to a us citizen already and wed lived in Ireland too shortly before coming back here like she wanted.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-28-2016, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 471 times
I know this was posted a while back but when it is all said and done Citizenship will cost about $6000. You have to apply for a green card then by the time you are able to apply for citizenship you will have to renew it and get a green card for a 10 year term which costs a pretty penny as well. Then you have to apply for citizenship which costs as much as much as betting the green card. The $680 is refering to just the last initial application for citizenship. My wife student visa ran out and you must be a registered alien for 3 years before you apply for citizenship. The very first application for a green card costs about $3000 then $680 + $680 plus the agency fee that I used. DON'T GO TO A LAWYER IT IS A RIP OFF!! Go to this website they are who I used [url=http://www.skipthelawyer.com]Skipthelawyer.com | Immigration Services, Green Card, USCIS, K1 Fiance(e) Visa, Adjustment of Status[/url] they have an A rating from the Better Business Bureau and they used to work with the lawyers when other apply for citizenship. They are very good and will work with you to get everything perfect to turn in. But will cost quite a bit.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer1477 View Post
I know this was posted a while back but when it is all said and done Citizenship will cost about $6000. You have to apply for a green card then by the time you are able to apply for citizenship you will have to renew it and get a green card for a 10 year term which costs a pretty penny as well. Then you have to apply for citizenship which costs as much as much as betting the green card. The $680 is refering to just the last initial application for citizenship. My wife student visa ran out and you must be a registered alien for 3 years before you apply for citizenship. The very first application for a green card costs about $3000 then $680 + $680 plus the agency fee that I used. DON'T GO TO A LAWYER IT IS A RIP OFF!! Go to this website they are who I used Skipthelawyer.com | Immigration Services, Green Card, USCIS, K1 Fiance(e) Visa, Adjustment of Status they have an A rating from the Better Business Bureau and they used to work with the lawyers when other apply for citizenship. They are very good and will work with you to get everything perfect to turn in. But will cost quite a bit.
We did it all ourselves BUT some cases are more difficult than other cases so I would never say don't use a lawyer.

We used a lawyer for our initial visa's which was 16 years ago and couldn't have done it without them and used the law firm for many years until we were able to apply for green cards which we did on our own and only once we played the lottery with paying the lawyer and then entered many times without a lawyer but that is also only for people who know how to use a computer.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:19 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
A person living in US for 30 years cannot afford 680 dollars?
That's all it costs.
It is not necessary to hire an immigration lawyer to become a US citizen.
It is all plain and simple.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
After you sent in the app and other paperwork, how long did the rest of the process take?
6-9 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration