Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 AM

952 posts, read 2,633,152 times

Advertisements

Interview was scheduled for 10:30 this morning at San Antonio office 8940 Fourwinds Dr
Got to the packed parking lot at 9:45AM and sat in my car for a few minutes before going into the building.

bag check first, security also checked the interview letter, i signed into their visitor album and the officer told me to sit in the waiting area.

Sat for about 10 mins before I got my name called out, walked to the lady - Lisa Rascoe, smiled, greeted and shook her hand.

Took me to the elevator to go upstairs to her office.

I placed my bag on the chair and my documents on her desk, remained standing to take the oath, tell the truth, right hand up...."I do".

Sat down.

She got my file and when I saw my file HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPP thousands of supporting documents in there!!

From AOS to Removal of conditions to now N400.

Got my N400 and went over it, DOB, full name, current address, previous address, do I work etc... still married etc... filed taxes since being a PR etc...

that process lasted 5 mins.

Then onto the civics test.

Reading test - read line one "Who was the first president?"

Writing test - write in line 1 "Washington was the first president"

Civics questions asked:-

1. How many voting members does the house of representatives have? 435

2. We elect a US Representative for how many years? 2

3. In what month do we vote for President? November

4. What does the juidicial branch do? Reviews laws

5.Who is the chief justice of the united states now? John Roberts

6. Who was the first president? George Washington

done! Congrats to me that was too easy!!

I was out about 10:30am (the actual time scheduled on my letter) and went straight to work here in 15mins.

My oath ceremony letter will arrive in 3-4 weeks typically the ceremony will take place a week later from when i'll receive the letter

Asked if I had any questions for her - none I'm good to go

Led me out her office, into the lifts to go back down, shook her hand again and thanked her again

I filed under section 319 (US citizen hubby) - so he will have to attend she says.

I took a look at the San Antonio oath ceremony on youtube, shows a lecture/hall auditorium?? packed FULL of people!!! glad OH will be able to join me I need some pics for remembrance!!!

WOOHOO can't wait!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,769,664 times
Congrats!
Got mine late last year, also as spouse of US citizen. Never heard of husband having to attend oath ceremony....

Old 06-15-2012, 12:38 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,504,336 times
Congratulations!!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 02:28 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
good for you

Old 06-15-2012, 02:34 PM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
Congrats!
Got mine late last year, also as spouse of US citizen. Never heard of husband having to attend oath ceremony....
I was temporarily using a wheel chair so mine went the whole way with me.

Congratulations!!! Get your US passport and voter registration as soon as possible.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,180,022 times
Congratulations. A good percentage of American citizens (those who are citizens just because they had the good luck to be born there) could not pass the exam. Heck, many don't even make the effort to vote.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Congratulations! Hurray! Let us know how wonderful the ceremony was when you have done it.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 PM

742 posts, read 2,067,380 times
My 4-year-old son can take the test and pass with flying colors. Seriously, they are way too easy. They should change the format. Like have an essay/long-answer question. If you want to be a citizen badly, you'd go the distance.

The ceremony is crowded. Even if you try to make it there early, it's a long line. There's the long line of cars trying get there, backed all the way to the freeway exit. Then there's the long walk to the location. Followed by a long line to check in, stand in the order to be seated. By the time you get to your seat, at least an hour-and-a-half has passed!

My ceremony took place at Laurie Auditorium in Trinity University. One hour of fluff. The only part I enjoyed was the military band doing some marches, including "Stars & Stripes". Would have tipped them if they hadn't left so soon.

One more thing, visitors (including family members, friends and others) have to sit in separate sections.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM

186 posts, read 263,256 times
Congratulations!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Congratulations!

Is that all the questions on the test? I don't think our high schools are even teaching that to the students now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration