Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 AM

832 posts, read 1,417,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie View Post
Yes, but I don't have the cash to do that right now. But, I'm putting this to bed. I finally got the bank to understand the whole I90 thing, and I sit here typing this in my living room, in my house. And a week after I signed the paperwork, my new card arrived. Now I'm dealing with the VA, apparently they can help me get my citizenship a bit cheaper. But that's a whole new adventure...........
Not just cheaper... free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 04:15 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie View Post
Yes, but I don't have the cash to do that right now. But, I'm putting this to bed. I finally got the bank to understand the whole I90 thing, and I sit here typing this in my living room, in my house. And a week after I signed the paperwork, my new card arrived. Now I'm dealing with the VA, apparently they can help me get my citizenship a bit cheaper. But that's a whole new adventure...........

You don't have cash for Citizenship which will be like 1500 dollars. But you want to buy a house!!!! How will you get cash to pay back loan for House???

Old 01-06-2014, 04:50 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
You don't have cash for Citizenship which will be like 1500 dollars. But you want to buy a house!!!! How will you get cash to pay back loan for House???
First I would like to congratulate the OP on getting the house.

But this post sounds rude and judgmental. People have different priorities and as long as he is a legal resident (meaning he has paid all his dues--and there are a lot to pay) he is under no obligation to go through the red tape and further cash outlay to obtain citizenship. My husband is not going to go for citizenship either--he wants to but at his age and retired, what's the point of spending all that money. If it were cheap he'd do it.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
First I would like to congratulate the OP on getting the house.

But this post sounds rude and judgmental. People have different priorities and as long as he is a legal resident (meaning he has paid all his dues--and there are a lot to pay) he is under no obligation to go through the red tape and further cash outlay to obtain citizenship. My husband is not going to go for citizenship either--he wants to but at his age and retired, what's the point of spending all that money. If it were cheap he'd do it.
I agree. I've been a legitimate ("green") card holding resident alien for 46 years now, have contributed more than my fair share to the US both via taxes and in hands-on community affairs. Simply because I don't choose to go the whole route and become a US citizen is in no way an affront to anyone and in no way negates or minimizes the contributions I've made to the country in which I happen to live.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:00 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,107 times
Quote:
Is it not rather like $700?

Old 01-07-2014, 03:08 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Is it not rather like $700?
Yes but depending on case to case, some other charges also add up.
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...orm/g-1055.pdf

Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,107 times
Quote:
Yes but depending on case to case, some other charges also add up.
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...orm/g-1055.pdf
All those charges/fees have nothing to do with citizenship application and are not relevant.

This link is not relevant. Why posting a link including charges for adjustment of status, asylees and all other irrelevant forms and services? It just confuses the hell out of other thread readers, the OP included.

If you want to prove that citizenship application fees is higher than $700, post information only relevant to the citizenship application.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
All those charges/fees have nothing to do with citizenship application and are not relevant.

This link is not relevant. Why posting a link including charges for adjustment of status, asylees and all other irrelevant forms and services? It just confuses the hell out of other thread readers, the OP included.

If you want to prove that citizenship application fees is higher than $700, post information only relevant to the citizenship application.
There is a simple way to cross the road by looking both ways several times before doing so. And then there's all the extenuating factors which might possibly maybe perhaps come into play which make the procedure a little more difficult. Anything from a blizzard to a road collapse to an apocalyptic meltdown. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration