Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 06:01 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,096,905 times

Advertisements

Response from NVC - no proof of domocile-nvcresponse.jpg

Hi everyone,

Attached is the response from NVC regarding me and my wife's spouse immigration (greencard). She is the sponsor (US Citizen) and I am the applicant.

What we provided in the first instance was:
  • Bank statement from her local USA bank (which we thought would demonstrate ties to USA)
  • College transcripts from US college with statement that she intends to complete her study upon return
  • Copy of plane tickets showing she has re-visited USA regularly
  • Copy of all of her Tax Returns declaring her income earned while in Australia
  • A signed statement explaining how she will further re-establish domocile once back in USA - this was provided because we currently reside in Australia for my job and intend to return to USA when I am no longer required to reside in Australia to complete the job (December). Consequently, she doesn't have a house there (never did, lived with parents while in College), is not employed as far as NVC is concerned (as she is employed in australia but this will cease upon her return) and we have no idea what more she can do...
  • I don't actually think the 'financials' are the real issue - yes yes, it says they are - but I demonstrated that my employment will continue (I can work online from anywhere in the world) and my salary far exceeds the poverty guidelines and the money in my savings account alone meet the poverty guidelines
  • The only clue is that 'The (sponsor) has not provided proof of U.S. domicile'

Does anyone have experience with a similar situation where you have not actually lived in America for a number of years (it will be approx 4 years in December), don't own a house there, and are still able to evidence domocile? I'd hate to think we would have to buy a crappy house or she would have to go back to USA without me to find a house/employment etc...

I'd love some help/suggestions/experiences,

Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,815,620 times
A signed statement explaining how she will further re-establish domocile once back in USA - this was provided because we currently reside in Australia for my job and intend to return to USA when I am no longer required to reside in Australia to complete the job (December). Consequently, she doesn't have a house there (never did, lived with parents while in College), is not employed as far as NVC is concerned (as she is employed in australia but this will cease upon her return) and we have no idea what more she can do...

The rules require proof of domicile. Intentions are not proof. Lease, mortgage, ... are generally accepted.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,061,372 times
I think your problem is that she has no future prospects for income once in the USA and hasn't demonstrated enough family assets to keep you from becoming a burden on the state. If I recall, the immigrant's employment (yours) can't be considered when demonstrating sufficient financial support.

Try getting her family or someone else with steady employment in the USA to co-sponsor you on the I-865 form (I think that's the right one, double-check).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration