Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 09:10 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times

Advertisements

It all comes down to money...........it ALWAYS comes down to money. If Bieber were poor he would have been sent home by now, but he has the money and people behind him to fight his battles............and win.

A friend of a friend is originally from Canada and was involved in an auto accident here and he was found to be DUI. He did 3 years here and is facing being sent home. He didn't have Bieber's money so he, and lots of other average guys like him, are treated completely different than rich folks.

Anyone who doesn't think there are two sets of rules in this world has their head in the sand. But we haven't heard the last of JB, he will either be in trouble again or die young.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 12:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It all comes down to money...........it ALWAYS comes down to money. If Bieber were poor he would have been sent home by now, but he has the money and people behind him to fight his battles............and win.

A friend of a friend is originally from Canada and was involved in an auto accident here and he was found to be DUI. He did 3 years here and is facing being sent home. He didn't have Bieber's money so he, and lots of other average guys like him, are treated completely different than rich folks.

Anyone who doesn't think there are two sets of rules in this world has their head in the sand. But we haven't heard the last of JB, he will either be in trouble again or die young.

Don
Lots of poor immigrants are acting just as badly and also aren't being deported. I don't think it's about money but more the laxness in enforcing the laws.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:40 AM

914 posts, read 943,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don
How about a third option? I don't want to wish death on him...how about permanent laryngitis, so that he loses the ability (not that he ever had any) to sing...thus he loses popularity, and fades into history as possibly the most forgettable non-talent there ever was.

You wanna talk about Canadian musicians who were good, you need to go to RUSH.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
They seldom deport criminals that are in this country illegally so why should Beiber go?
The Beiber is on a self imposed road to destruction and it is pretty sad that he is idolised by so many kids. What an example to smoke pot all day long, drink and drag race. It is just stupid. maybe he will smarten up before someone gets killed but probably not.
They should lock him up with Lindsey Lohan, Miley Cyrus and that other waste Kenye West and throw away the key.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 AM

82 posts, read 173,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually I don't think there is any real evidence that the poor welfare types are being deported either. Just fine him appropriately and let him pay.
Yeah I'm pretty sure 11-20 million of them are still around NOT being deported for ANY reason...

What's crazy is if you have a DUI and try to visit Canada, they don't let you in...Went on a fishing excursion a few years back and one of the guys that was with us was not let into the country because he had one...We had to leave him behind...

Old 01-27-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually I don't think there is any real evidence that the poor welfare types are being deported either. Just fine him appropriately and let him pay.
What would you say was an "appropriate" fine for a guy like Bieber?

I mean...if you or I get a traffic ticket for $400 - that is nearly the end of the world for you or me. But for Bieber, he whips out some pocket change and laughs his ass off.

An appropriate fine, in my view...should be one that sufficiently drives home the message that the behavior is not tolerated or acceptable, and that one's actions have actual consequences.

Fine the little twerp at least a few million.

And maybe a little community service to boot. I would love to see Bieber on a road-trash crew for about three months.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:13 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,223,538 times
Since Bieber wasn't drunk driving (not even for a minor) and wasn't drag racing, what do you think the appropriate penalty would be? I mean, sure, the kid's the worst performer to come out of Canada since Celine Dion, but he's not the bad boy he pretends to be.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Since Bieber wasn't drunk driving (not even for a minor) and wasn't drag racing, what do you think the appropriate penalty would be? I mean, sure, the kid's the worst performer to come out of Canada since Celine Dion, but he's not the bad boy he pretends to be.
Precisely why I call him a twerp.

As I said, for me, an appropriate penalty is one that he can't just laugh off. If you're not going to hit him where it really hurts...AND MAKE IT ACTUALLY HURT...then my option is a good solid three months on a road-trash crew. At least something like that he can't just laugh off and just maybe he might learn his behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

That little twerp needs to remember he is a guest in our country, and that means he needs to respect our laws, our citizens, our culture and our way of life. I would NEVER go to Canada and act like the a-hole he has acted here.

Who was that guy, how many years ago...who got caned in Singapore for spray-painting cars? I could go for a good caning of Justin Bieber.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Crap, if JB ever tries to sow some wild oats in Miley, I will pray for crop failure.

The cops found a bunch of dope in JB's house. He admitted use. Since he admitted to the essential elements, he could have his visa yanked and north he goes.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
Since he is back in Toronto....wonder if the US BP will have a "FLAG" re his VISA when trying to re enter the US.

When something is "FLAGGED" or a "CAUTION" noted you are in for a secondary inspection.

I know this for a fact.

I had purchased a VW van (bad engine) from a Missionary who would go down to Baja Mexico a lot.

I legally registered the Van into my name and when returning back to Calif from TJ Mexico heard the BP say "CAUTION" under his breath but I heard him and was directed to Secondary inspection where they did a thorough search of the van.

I quickly sold it after that experience. You stay on file for quite a while.......lesson I learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration