Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times

Advertisements

let me esplain u
la puerta- san ysidro- was a giant hole where everyone entered. then the feds built a giant wall. they plugged it. overnight the problem went east.
now BP got a bunch of buses and loaded them with those who crossed into texas. they drove them to murietta CA, gave them a slip of paper for a court date and turned them loose on the streets.
its an end run around our gate.
nasty stuff compliments executive order. when the law breaks the law there is no law
billy jack 1972
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:06 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,179,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Both of those programs hurt the American worker also but you don't see them fleeing the U.S. in droves and invading other countries illegally do you? The American people had no control or vote on them but is they that are being hurt by this illegal invasion. Both programs should end now.
Heh, who'd have us? LOL, maybe Russia. I grew up in mortal Cold War fear of that country. And yet, I predict, at some point, Russia will encourage productive Anglo-European immigrants from the US.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
let me esplain u
la puerta- san ysidro- was a giant hole where everyone entered. then the feds built a giant wall. they plugged it. overnight the problem went east.
now BP got a bunch of buses and loaded them with those who crossed into texas. they drove them to murietta CA, gave them a slip of paper for a court date and turned them loose on the streets.
its an end run around our gate.
nasty stuff compliments executive order. when the law breaks the law there is no law
billy jack 1972
Speaking of Murrieta, some of the good guys in the Border Patrol averted having dhs use force against the protestors:

Whistleblower: Border Patrol Threatened To Stand Down If DHS Used Force On Murrieta Protestors | GuerillaMediaNetwork.com

The shot heard round the world, folks. As bad as it looks, there ARE some decent folks in government who haven't been suborned by Washington.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:23 AM

62 posts, read 66,388 times
Am I being paranoid or is everybody on this thread assuming that everybody of Hispanic descent is Mexican, although our families have been here for generations? How many generations have to pass before we are considered Americans?

Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armendmo View Post
Am I being paranoid or is everybody on this thread assuming that everybody of Hispanic descent is Mexican, although our families have been here for generations? How many generations have to pass before we are considered Americans?
As far as this thread goes, you might be being paranoid, but I can understand how you feel that way. The media pretty much lumps all Hispanics together, whatever their country of origin, ever notice that? It's especially true in their political reporting.

For example, the media talks about the "Hispanic" vote and how "Hispanics" are offended by anti-illegal immigrant rhetoric and how politicians will lose the "Hispanic" vote unless they support amnesty. So what the media is basically doing is giving the impression that "Hispanics" are some special group that should be exempt from immigration laws and even other laws as well, and should have special privileges.

I think this is done on purpose to create controversy, resentment and tension, but it gives the definite impression that "Hispanics" as a group feel that laws and customs in the US shouldn't apply to them.

I personally have always found this curious. OTOH, there is the Romeike family from Germany who are currently being persecuted by the DOJ in applying for asylum, so perhaps there's some truth to it.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:29 AM

Oh, lol, here's another good one: want ads for jobs that say "Must be bi-lingual". Who knew that meant must speak English and Spanish? Just for a lark I applied to one of those jobs a few years ago and when the interviewer was verifying my "bi-lingual" skills, I started jabbering away in my high-school French. The application process ended right there.

What would be even funnier is if someone applied who didn't even speak English or Spanish, but maybe Russian and Mandarin, lol. After all, the ad said "bi-lingual".

Old 07-28-2014, 07:44 AM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Heh, who'd have us? LOL, maybe Russia. I grew up in mortal Cold War fear of that country. And yet, I predict, at some point, Russia will encourage productive Anglo-European immigrants from the US.
The point was that most Americans won't violate another country's borders illegally just because things aren't going great for them in the U.S.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 AM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armendmo View Post
Most Americans know that of the Hispanic population living here aren't all of Mexican descent. However, most Hispanics here in the southwest in particular most of them are.

What Hispanic-Americans need to do is join together for the rule of law instead of advocating for their illegal brethren to be here. Then and only then will they be considered to be real, assimilated Americans.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
The point was that most Americans won't violate another country's borders illegally just because things aren't going great for them in the U.S.
Let it get bad enough here (like Central America bad, or African nation bad) and get back to me.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
What Hispanic-Americans need to do is join together for the rule of law instead of advocating for their illegal brethren to be here. Then and only then will they be considered to be real, assimilated Americans.
What Anglo-Americans need to do is join together for the rule of law instead of letting the (mostly Anglo-American) banksters, politicians and corporations loot them to death and destroy the middle class and force third world conditions on them.

Jon Corzine walks free, among many, many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration