Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:32 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,249,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Not in your particular case as it seems that the bottom line is that you simply don't have the financial wherewithal required to satisfy the requirements.
That's right but according to our research, they know that even though I have a job here and I don't qualify, they assume that I'll quit and look for new employment in the US anyways. So from what we've researched, ( we are using a handbook written by immigration lawyers ) they're really going to scrutinize my mothers financial standing because she's the joint sponsor and has already been living and working in the US for years and lives at my former US domicile, which is also where we'll be living temporarily until we get on our feet.

She has a strong mortgage, bills are in order and she's employed and makes by our calculations 3 times the minimum 125% requirement financially. So I think it will really boils down to is whether or not the consulate officer will think my mother as my wifes joint sponsor is financially stable enough to support my wife. my mother has just efiled her tax returns and we already have them for this year and can get them going back as far as we need ( they require going at least 3 years back..

So, this is where we are at. Our marriage and also my son proving all that won't be an issue I'm confident about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 03:39 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,249,405 times
Here's the info here:

Ask Household Members to Help Out

If the sponsor cannot meet the financial minimum on his or her own, the first step is to see if another member of the household in the U.S. is willing to contribute income and assets to the mix. A household member is someone who:

• was listed as a dependent or joint filer on the sponsor’s latest tax return, or
• is related to and shares a residence (home) with the sponsor.

The household member agrees to support the immigrant by signing a supplemental Form I-864A. One nice thing about using a household member’s income is that it has to be only enough to make up the shortfall in the main sponsor’s income. However, the potential household joint sponsors should realize that if for any reason the main sponsor doesn’t support the immigrant, the joint sponsors can be made to provide the full support amount. (The form itself supposedly warns the signer with the following legal jargon: “I, the Household Member, … Agree to be jointly and severally liable for payment of any and all obligations owed by the sponsor ….”)

This as well:
http://www.youradwokat.com/documents...-Residence.pdf

Last edited by EricOldTime; 02-18-2015 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration