Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:47 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times

Advertisements

Ok so she is not legal to work but why all the name calling? after all this time she should have sought counsel. But I ask myself-is it the husband the one keeping her under? Many countries wifey has no say-so and ask nada,,, customs. In either case- respect folks. in another note- f they came with 1 million dollars cash to buy your home because they liked it- you would sell -no questions asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 07:44 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Ok so she is not legal to work but why all the name calling? after all this time she should have sought counsel. But I ask myself-is it the husband the one keeping her under? Many countries wifey has no say-so and ask nada,,, customs. In either case- respect folks. in another note- f they came with 1 million dollars cash to buy your home because they liked it- you would sell -no questions asked.
/reading fail

Read the whole thread.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
/reading fail

Read the whole thread.
Exactly - this poster has a habit of making no sense ...

Old 11-20-2014, 09:34 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,752 times
Even Tourist visa holders are legal when they are visiting USA for tourism. That does not mean that they should be allowed to work.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,191,355 times
Wow, that's a new low even for CNN. H visa holders are not "immigrants".

Old 11-21-2014, 05:49 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Exactly - this poster has a habit of making no sense ...
I do - you just do not like what I post, but will agree sometimes I do miss things. Still no room for name calling. Immigration is not so simple, and many pay these people who promise to navigate you through the system for thousands of dollars and they feed you bunk-
If my hubby was working doing his thing and I am sitting home all day for yrs - I would have figured something out for myself. That is what I am saying. But maybe her hubby is afraid to lose his -- whatever and will not allow her to peruse a way to make her own money. Crap she can knit and go on the internet n sell blankies.

Last edited by tinytrump; 11-21-2014 at 06:05 PM..

Old 11-21-2014, 06:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
OP might look into work VISA after yesterday's change. Problem is it temporary not law and up to you if to give government information might be used later.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:11 PM

61 posts, read 77,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
Therein lies the problem with the media.

She is not a legal immigrant.

She is a legal NON-IMMIGRANT with intent to immigrate. It sucks, but she has to wait her turn in line. And the line only gets longer.

It's not just the US immigration policy which contributes to the problem, it's the people from her own country of origin who insist on only hiring (barely qualified or unqualified) people from the home country, increasing the backlog.

Unlike a lot of others, I don't feel the U.S. should increase it's visa allocation numbers. If she wants to wait less time, then she should talk to her own government and have them crack down on the diploma mills which allow the bogus H1B people to enter the U.S. and work for former bogus H1B's who obtained residency and citizenship.

The Indians have done this to themselves. Those who obtained their green cards on (what I consider to be) fraud, now have become citizens who have raised their children in the U.S. They taught them to go to college and become the best of the best in the U.S. Now their children have graduated in the requisite field (STEM) and find that they are only able to obtain a job which pays 40k a year instead of the 80k they thought because now they themselves are competing with their cousins in India (awaiting in the sibling of a citizen list) who are in the U.S. with a diploma mill certificate working for 40k a year as an H1B (and also on this list waiting for an employment based card).

Does this mean the U.S. needs immigration reform?

Sure it does.

But to me, reform means something other than increasing H1B allocations and ignoring enforcement provisions.
Great post, real issue here, surely it has ruined the IT job market here. I know someone working in Bangalore, getting better pay (if you compare the living cost and salary of both places) than USA.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:10 AM

64 posts, read 56,634 times
Default offshore news

I have also the same problem like you, hope this information can help you.
Try to visit this website:www.offshorenewsflash.com this news website posts not only laws but also the latest news about legal in the world. Hope this helps friend.

Last edited by edward222; 11-24-2014 at 01:27 AM..

Old 11-24-2014, 02:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
It does not take a Green Card to be legally able to work.
No it doesn't, it just takes the correct VISA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration