Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2018, 06:52 AM

23 posts, read 33,078 times

Advertisements

I've considered studying in the UK, though it seems like they seek to practically throw you right out as soon as you've graduated. I think the UK should be more hospitable to very good students, and help them build a life there if they desire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 08:07 AM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel360 View Post
I've considered studying in the UK, though it seems like they seek to practically throw you right out as soon as you've graduated. I think the UK should be more hospitable to very good students, and help them build a life there if they desire.
Most countries have student visas that run out once your status as a student ends.

You can apply for a different visa after this period, just as you can in most countries.

Visas and immigration - GOV.UK

Work in the UK - GOV.UK

The current syatem is going to change following Brexit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian

The government is proposing a single immigration system that treats migrants from EU countries in the same way as those from non-EU countries.

Highly skilled workers who want to live and work in Britain will be given priority.

However, the government says the ability of people from trading partners to deliver services and student exchange programmes will form part of future trade agreements.

Javid has said he will consider scrapping the current cap of 20,700 on highly skilled migrants as part of the post-Brexit vision.

Applicants will need to meet a minimum salary threshold – for highly skilled migrants this stands at £30,000 – but Javid has hinted that this will be reviewed.

Successful applicants for highly skilled work will be able to bring their immediate family – but only if sponsored by their future employers.

For tourists and short-stay business trips, the government is looking at developing a system of e-gate visa checks for all low-risk countries.

Passports would be scanned in airports, train stations and ports. All security and criminal records checks would be carried out in advance of visits in a US-style system.

UK immigration: what is the government proposing? | UK news | The Guardian

Old 12-31-2018, 08:16 AM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
A future deal post Brexit between the anglosphere countries of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, known as CANZUK could involve increasing free movement of people.

CANZUK International – Promoting Closer Ties

Old 12-31-2018, 05:53 PM

12,116 posts, read 23,402,522 times
Why should they? It's not like they have a people shortage.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:55 AM

24,843 posts, read 11,275,033 times
Quote:
Welcome to the real world! Building your life is something you have to do on your own. There is no inypternational assistance program.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:48 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,333,133 times
Quote:
Why should they, unless the students have badly needed skills.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:30 PM

8,972 posts, read 11,849,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
A future deal post Brexit between the anglosphere countries of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, known as CANZUK could involve increasing free movement of people.

CANZUK International – Promoting Closer Ties

I was thinking about something like this with the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and OK New Zealand too forming their own alliance.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:57 AM

673 posts, read 469,482 times
Restrictive........??????? have you been there? The place looks a third world hangout for ISIS

Old 01-06-2019, 08:54 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,926,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Restrictive........??????? have you been there? The place looks a third world hangout for ISIS
Yes - But those people are there on tourist/student and other miscellaneous visas getting paid cash under the table.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 1,511 times
Quote:

The UK is going through a very difficult time due to Brexit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration