Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 09:14 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,152,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcahacker View Post
Thank you and we've already read all that but it's just the how to facts. I was wondering if anyone had any actual insight as to how long this all takes and how likely it is to actually happen or if this kind of thing get denied on a fairly regular basis or if it's just formalities with nothing really to worry about.
It is a pretty straight forward process from a friendly nation. Barring US government shut downs about the only glitch would be if the spouse turns up hot on an already married on a Philippines register. Because it is about the only place on earth that non Muslims can't get a divorce along with the process of marking birth certificates as "illegitimate" when the parents are not married which causes the gaming of the system by parents and grandparents. Fraudulent papers are filed in a local office and many find out they are on the books as married only when trying to get married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 07:58 AM

561 posts, read 324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Have you not watched, "Ninety day Fiancee" ?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...............NO

Old 02-11-2019, 08:12 AM

Thank you for all the replies. I'm worried because he's a good guy but not always the sharpest crayon in the box. I know his intentions are real and he want's a wife for forever but I'm inherently suspicious and I've never met her to know what her actual intentions are. To me it's already riddled with red flags and I just don't want to see him go broke running a fools errand. I've know people have tried to adopt from other countries and end up going bankrupt and having nothing but a broken heart and a whole lot of impossible red tape so I didn't know if this was the same kind of thing.

I realize there is an entire tv show based on this subject but 1. I do not watch "reality" tv because I have enough drama in my own life and 2. reality tv is not real and I was hoping for real answers.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Thank you for all the replies. I'm worried because he's a good guy but not always the sharpest crayon in the box. I know his intentions are real and he want's a wife for forever but I'm inherently suspicious and I've never met her to know what her actual intentions are. To me it's already riddled with red flags and I just don't want to see him go broke running a fools errand. I've know people have tried to adopt from other countries and end up going bankrupt and having nothing but a broken heart and a whole lot of impossible red tape so I didn't know if this was the same kind of thing.

I realize there is an entire tv show based on this subject but 1. I do not watch "reality" tv because I have enough drama in my own life and 2. reality tv is not real and I was hoping for real answers.
It is the subject of the 90 Day Fiance Show but being unreality the show is not truth as they play the process like a 90 day trial marriage period as they hope to sell it as I just married at first sight (another unreality show) international.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
Has he ever met her? Since we pulled out of Subic Bay, thousands of American meal tickets have disappeared.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:08 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:

Thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:50 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,133,264 times
The show does however deal with the problems involved and can give you ideas you never thought of.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Has he ever met her? Since we pulled out of Subic Bay, thousands of American meal tickets have disappeared.
He's met/visited her several times. His intentions are completely above board. I've never met her but it's not me marrying her either. To be honest I'm just as concerned she has no idea what she's really getting into going from Manila to Nowhere, MN.

Last edited by jmcahacker; 02-11-2019 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-11-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
He's met/visited her several times. His intentions are completely above board. I've never met her but it's not me marrying her either. To be honest I'm just as concerned she has no idea what she's really getting into going from Manila to Nowhere, MN.
About 10% of the adult Filipino population has worked overseas for extended periods. Moving abroad in better and worse, but more financially lucrative, locations could be said to be part of their national character.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
A friend of my wifes just married a guy from northern Sweden. He lives on a "farm" she just had their first child...……..how do you think she feels. never experienced a temperature much below 75 degrees...…….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration