Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 02:27 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq38 View Post

As far as your attaining U.S. citizenship, I wish you luck. I heard (just rumors) that the new application for release 3/20/19 is going to have different vacation limits and other changes.
That will be interesting to see.

Already changes have taken place for certain applicants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 04:20 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,752 times
People on Visa and living / working in USA are obliged to file Taxes. So Green Card is not any excuse unless that person does not live in USA.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:40 AM

535 posts, read 343,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
People on Visa and living / working in USA are obliged to file Taxes. So Green Card is not any excuse unless that person does not live in USA.
I agree.

I just am not sure about the CPA rules and tax laws. This question is best answered by a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
I know people who have not filed and think that it is O.K. when they apply for U.S/ citizenship.
It may or may not be.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:54 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq38 View Post
I agree.

I just am not sure about the CPA rules and tax laws. This question is best answered by a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
I know people who have not filed and think that it is O.K. when they apply for U.S/ citizenship.
It may or may not be.
The Citizenship application asks, "Have you ever NOT filed taxes..." If you say yes, be prepared to answer why. You don't need a CPA to know that you had better file them even when not required to. I know three people trying to pay missed taxes from prior years so they can apply for citizenship.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The Citizenship application asks, "Have you ever NOT filed taxes..." If you say yes, be prepared to answer why. You don't need a CPA to know that you had better file them even when not required to. I know three people trying to pay missed taxes from prior years so they can apply for citizenship.
And rightfully so. It is not just an one way street. You come here and you contribute to society.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:37 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,422,095 times
Aliens are not allowed to come here and leach off of OUR economy. Best quickly start making a living and forget about any social assistance.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Aliens are not allowed to come here and leach off of OUR economy. Best quickly start making a living and forget about any social assistance.
Section 8 and other programs, should NOT be accessible for aliens unless they have paid at a minimum 10 years into the system or longer.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:11 PM

834 posts, read 1,017,828 times
More fake narrative.. If you have a A# and don't file taxes you get deported for tax evasion and probably charged in the other country... Otherwise I know some people America owes a lot of money to...

There should be a rule.. If you can't pass a SAT, or especially a fifth-grade math quiz, you should not describe or insist economic issues...

Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
More fake narrative.. If you have a A# and don't file taxes you get deported for tax evasion and probably charged in the other country... Otherwise I know some people America owes a lot of money to...

There should be a rule.. If you can't pass a SAT, or especially a fifth-grade math quiz, you should not describe or insist economic issues...
What fake narrative? Who are you responding to, or what are you talking about?

Old 04-01-2019, 10:58 AM

834 posts, read 1,017,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What fake narrative? Who are you responding to, or what are you talking about?
To the people suggesting you can get away with working at a W2 or 1099 job and not pay taxes... Unless you work with a fake identity, but to do that there would have to be major security holes or corruption in multiple government branches for their to be tens of thousands or more people doing it..

One way to put everyone's mind at ease is for "conservatives" to stop hiring illegals for all those food processing plants and construction and landscaping companies... If people can retire off a years salary just by jumping a fence and social networking, then guess what they are going to do? If there is less money in the US than their own country, then guess what they are going to do??

Don't complain about it on the internet while you're part of the problem.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration