U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 11,731 times

Advertisements

Yea well he didnt tell me he lost his passport in the mail i actually sent it to him n he never recieved it...Idk wat to do i mean hes explained everything to me and i mean hes been being completley honest.but if he does try to screw me over i will f*ck his life up ha ha anyways thanx for that comforting advice
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 12:06 AM

15,598 posts, read 36,504,143 times
My wife and I were married this last October. She is a Swedish citizen. She returned to Sweden while we wait on processing. We were told 4 to 12 months before she can return and stay. Would be a drag to have to wait 12 months but we are prepared to deal with that reality.
We chose not to work with a lawyer. So hopefully in the next 12 months I can offer some true advice. Good luck to those of you in the same situation.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:13 PM

46 posts, read 132,762 times
One thing I understood from day 1 when we (ex-wife and I) started the process for getting me a visa - if you come to the US on a tourist visa or on the visa waiver prgoram and then stay more than 90 days you are here illegally, end of story.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:18 AM

47,531 posts, read 63,749,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniloii View Post
If you are marrying for the green card only and for fraud I help my clients to get an unconditional green card even it's fraud. You don't need to live with your husband or wife. Make sure your utilities, house, insurance are one etc. After 2 years of marriage, INS automatically do not issue 2 year green cards by that time since legally the marriage is 2 years or more older. 2 yr. conditional green card is issued if marriage is less than 2 years.

Fraud department is there for marriages less than 2 years.You don't have to deal with the fraud department anymore. With that one interview, you will be asked only of the basics of yourself, and congratulate you with the 10 year green card.

(Cases just marry for green card)
Once you get 10 year green card, you can divorce the US citizen since the US citizen will ask more for payment. There will be no harsh effects on your green card with a "no -fault divorce." You can still keep your green card and with a divorce you can legally remarry, and can apply for US citizenship after 5 years in the US or 3 years if you didn't divorce providing you will not get any backlog with your application.

It sure sounds like you are promoting fraud. Yes, many immigration lawyers are doing this same kind of thing.

I know of a woman who married a foreign man, he showed up for the wedding but not the reception, he skipped the state but with his marriage license. She was not a participant in the fraud and had a difficult time divorcing as she had no idea where he was.

You're a good example why the rules need to be tightened. Anytime it's impossible for a married couple to live in the other country for a required time hints that there's a scam going on. True love doesn't require living in the only the USA.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 PM

27,321 posts, read 14,051,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniloii View Post
Don't go to your home country anymore. You overstayed the B-2 US tourist visa and got married to a US citizen. Correct? By overstaying the tourist visa you got here partially illegally, but married to a US citizen while the time your visa expired or overstayed puts you legally in the USA. I'll tell how to get a 10 year IR6 10 year green card. IR6 is the same as IR1 or spouse of US citizen. Get married for at least 2 years and one day in the US. Don't talk to the INS for the first 2 years of marriage (cancel their appointments if they bug you) so you can avoid being issued a 2 year conditional CR1 card which is very problematic and can be a suspicion for fraud. If you are marrying for the green card only and for fraud I help my clients to get an unconditional green card even it's fraud. You don't need to live with your husband or wife. Make sure your utilities, house, insurance are one etc. After 2 years of marriage, INS automatically do not issue 2 year green cards by that time since legally the marriage is 2 years or more older. 2 yr. conditional green card is issued if marriage is less than 2 years. Apply for I-485 to adjust your status with INS after 2 years has elapsed in your marriage. There will be one interview with INS and it will not be handled by the fraud department since marriage is older than 2 years and they think it's true enough. Fraud department is there for marriages less than 2 years.You don't have to deal with the fraud department anymore. With that one interview, you will be asked only of the basics of yourself, and congratulate you with the 10 year green card. That department you will go in the INS doesn't handle fraud cases and that's not their job anymore and not get paid to work and detect fraud. Their job will be to ask applicant about basic questions and congratulate applicants. That's their program for everyday. It's the same with the fraud department.
(Cases just marry for green card)
Once you get 10 year green card, you can divorce the US citizen since the US citizen will ask more for payment. There will be no harsh effects on your green card with a "no -fault divorce." You can still keep your green card and with a divorce you can legally remarry, and can apply for US citizenship after 5 years in the US or 3 years if you didn't divorce providing you will not get any backlog with your application. It can take 7 years to be US citizen. That's the BS rule. If you divorced with a conditional 2 year green card, you will lose green card residency and be subject for deportation. This is the wrong move you can do. You can hide, and not get deported. You already have an SSS number and id and driver's license thru your 2 year green card, and with that you will remarry again and pay more, and we don't like that to happen. We need to get correct at first try!

Do you know Princess Ratana from Thailand? She is suppoused to be in line to be Thailand's Queen, but lost the opportunity since she married a US citizen. She got a student visa first and that was handled by our law firm. While on student visa, she met a US citizen and got married. By the time she married she didn't renewed her student visa with us since she already got a pending case for her conditional green card. The princess wants to get married and doesn't want to have no status as soon as possible. Her student visa was not renewed and technically she was not legally for 3 months due to a delay for the processing of her conditional green card. The princess married at the time her student visa is still in effect with her 2 year conditional card. When INS looks very closely about the marriage, she proved she was not marrying for the green card during an interview with INS. She was marrying for love. Her bank accounts tell it all. You know she got millions in her account. I got paid more than usually. INS approved her case quickly when she applied I-751 petition to remove conditions on residence. She got IR1 unlimited green card (no expiration) The princess got an overstayed student visa and puts her in illegal zone, but it was due to a pending green card case. In other cases like tourist visas, the tourist applicant can marry a US citizen on her stay here. The tourist applicant can overstay the 1 year tourist visa and not renew it if the tourist married a US citizen since the tourist is applying for green card now. Correct? There will be no 10-15 year bar to enter the US when you overstayed the tourist visa since you get to marry a US citizen. You don't need to apply to renew tourist visa. You already got married to a US citizen! Even a tourist overstayed or have the US tourist visa in effect, the tourist can still apply for a green card!

Believe me I have an Associate's degree in Paralegal studies and worked in an immigration law firm as a paralegal, and handled or advised cases like this. I'm back to college and currently on my last year on my J.D. degree, and I'm a student specializing in immigration law. I'm based in California. My e-mail is danilo_ii@msn.com. Ask me if there are any questions. It's for free. I have enough money already. The Immigration system has major loop holes and it is so easy to attack those loopholes. Even your marriage is fraudulent from the start or overstayed your tourist visa, you can still get a 10 year green card only if you bypassed the application period for the 2 year CR1 green card. I'm not yet a registered lawyer. Still need the California bars like next 2 years. Even if your marriage is really true. It makes sense to bypass the 2 year green card zone. Some clients of other law firms get denials because INS thought the true marriage was fraud. Imagine the marriage already produced 3 kids and it's still fraud! Some people get approvals even with no kids or marriage is just for papers since they are smart and applied to adjust status after 2 years so INS fraud department don't touch it. It also depends you hire as lawyers. They are lucky lawyers in this world who get licensed in this world, but don't possess sharp critical thinking skills either induction or deduction. That's all. Hope it answers your question. Sorry for the English mistakes. I can fix it, but I don't have more time for it. G2G.
Bad advice. You just advocated the OP to violate law. When he entered the US, I am willing to bet he misrepresented his intentions when he applied for admittance. He was intending to stay and not abide by the laws governing his entry and thus committed fraud. Know what a CIMT is? He just committed it. On top of that, he is an overstay. When the I-130 gets filed, his address will be known. The only thing that can save him is getting an I-512 Advance Parole for Adjustment of Status.

Or he may get dumped and has to wait for his immigrant visa to come through.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 PM

27,321 posts, read 14,051,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My wife and I were married this last October. She is a Swedish citizen. She returned to Sweden while we wait on processing. We were told 4 to 12 months before she can return and stay. Would be a drag to have to wait 12 months but we are prepared to deal with that reality.
We chose not to work with a lawyer. So hopefully in the next 12 months I can offer some true advice. Good luck to those of you in the same situation.
Try to obtain a I-512 Advance Parole. Then she can come back to the US until her status is adjusted to Legal Permanent Resident (LPR).

Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 PM

15,598 posts, read 36,504,143 times
We are now working with the NVC. I just paid my IV process fee this morning. Things seem to be moving along just fine. Hope were down to 2 or 3 more months.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:08 PM

26,863 posts, read 42,097,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadebeauty View Post
Me and my husband just got married in october..come to find out he's illegal..so now i am stuck in a position with someone i love and care for so deeply..so i guess my question is how do i help him to become legal?He didnt come with a visa just a passport n he lost that due to the postal service!So where do i go from here im in quite a bind and i am worried and scared that they are going to catch on and transport him back to brazil!CAN ANYONE HELP?ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Do you really know who you married? He could be anybody...a good samritan, a killer, a friendly loving guy or a rapist...you don't know if his name is real....this would be a huge red flag to me!

Good luck, I hope he is the real deal...

Old 05-29-2009, 02:18 PM

26,863 posts, read 42,097,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It sure sounds like you are promoting fraud. Yes, many immigration lawyers are doing this same kind of thing.

I know of a woman who married a foreign man, he showed up for the wedding but not the reception, he skipped the state but with his marriage license. She was not a participant in the fraud and had a difficult time divorcing as she had no idea where he was.

You're a good example why the rules need to be tightened. Anytime it's impossible for a married couple to live in the other country for a required time hints that there's a scam going on. True love doesn't require living in the only the USA.
Marriages for a stay in acountry is happening in all western countries...in Europe they try to crack down on it too, but it is hard since some people will do anything for money.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:37 PM

3,080 posts, read 10,330,836 times
Could all you anti-immigrant jerks please go back to the illegal immigration forum where you belong and let the rest of us give useful advice?

Daniloi, go away. You are clearly giving out direct advice on how to commit immigration fraud, which is a federal offense punishable by fines in excess of USD 10,000 and up to 7 years in prison. I am reporting you to the website management.

Quote:
i came to this country with a tourist visa, im married with an us citizen, we been married for almost 4 years im planning to send my papers to request a green card in the next few days but i have to get out the country by june, so do i have to get out of the country or i have to wait until they send me the number.
Do not, under any circumstances (besides a court-ordered deportation) leave the country until you have your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in hand. Period. Overstaying your visa puts you legally "out of status" this is a gray area of the law. Lay low and keep your nose clean until you get your PR status and work authorization. Leaving the country could subject you to up to a 10-year bar before you can re-enter depending on the specifics of your case.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Me and my husband just got married in october..come to find out he's illegal..so now i am stuck in a position with someone i love and care for so deeply..so i guess my question is how do i help him to become legal?He didnt come with a visa just a passport n he lost that due to the postal service!So where do i go from here im in quite a bind and i am worried and scared that they are going to catch on and transport him back to brazil!CAN ANYONE HELP?ANY SUGGESTIONS?
How did your husband enter the country? He is only an "illegal alien" if he snuck across the border. If he arrived at an airport, seaport, or border checkpoint and was processed by immigration authorities there, then the worst he is is in "unlawful status". If he entered legally, then you should file for a marriage-based Permanent Residency immediately and he should remain in the country until you recieve his Green Card.

If he entered illegally, then you are really stuck. He needs to leave the country as soon as possible. You should contact an immigration lawyer to find out the best way for him to "self-deport." He may be able to avoid major penalties (like having his re-entry barred) and only need to spend a few weeks or months in Brasil before being able to return on advance parole while his Green Card application processes.

Please don't listen to some of the idiots on here. They used to keep their vitriol to the illegal immigration forum, but I guess it got boring in there so now they've come to pollute this area. I hope that you and your husband will be able to stay together and keep your residence and job in the US while you work through his immigration issues.

Good Luck.

Rance: I'm sorry that you have to endure an unnecessary separation from your new wife.

For anyone dealing with marriage-based immigration issues, please google: A Couple's Guide to Marriage and Fiance Visas. This book is a worthwhile buy. It is an excellent reference and can help you avoid many of the pitfalls people experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration