Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 02:48 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
Read it in the newspaper so it must be true! Undocumented immigrants don’t get section 8. Period.

Regarding enforcement of support affidavits, you can’t go after money people don’t have. Given how little job protection people have in this country, and the fact that a trip to the ER can leave you bankrupt, there’s no way to know that a person signing a form today saying they can support themselves/someone else will hold up next week.
Yes sure and felons don't have guns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
How about an official link for what kind of money who has to show at 10 year renewal and what will trigger denial?
Just watch TV and/or look it up yourself. You always ask for links to what has been said on TV, over and over by USCIS director Ken Cuccinelli.

Ken Cuccinelli is almost daily on TV and even so much that I start to wonder if he has time for his job, but when it comes out the directors mouth I believe that over some article written by some biased person!

Old 08-21-2019, 03:03 PM

23,935 posts, read 10,282,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yes sure and felons don't have guns!
No, felony and use of a firearm does not always go hand in hand. Some states give you a felony for lack of tax returns or driver's license.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:05 PM

23,935 posts, read 10,282,201 times
Standard answer by Bentlebee:>) Lots of post and no info.
Quote:
Just watch TV and/or look it up yourself. You always ask for links to what has been said on TV, over and over by USCIS director Ken Cuccinelli.

Ken Cuccinelli is almost daily on TV and even so much that I start to wonder if he has time for his job, but when it comes out the directors mouth I believe that over some article written by some biased person!

Old 08-22-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post

Standard answer and question for a link, instead of watching what is all over the news and internet, by Threestep!

Very sad that you can write on this forum but not take the time to look up the director of USCIS and listen to any of the many videos.

Your motto is “link”? For items that are easy to be found by using any search engine, unless you just want to claim that everything is wrong, but you.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:46 PM

927 posts, read 747,007 times
SLC the mormon church gives a lot of help

Old 08-24-2019, 09:05 AM

6,809 posts, read 6,893,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not a single one of OP's so-called "sources" is anything but a biased site. As usual, of course.
Be fair. Most of the main stream media's coverage of immigration is decidedly left leaning. When a site publishes some information that goes against this bias, it is automatically discounted by those on the left as being untrue and biased.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:36 PM

81 posts, read 171,303 times
I get enough anecdotes from friends who work/ed in my state's penal system and health system to know THERE ARE ABUSES.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
I have no way of knowing how credible these sites are but I have worked in the agricultural industry and these articles reflect my experience.

Immigrants use twice the welfare of U.S.-born citizens Thursday, March 14, 2019

“Sixty-three (63) percent of non-citizen households access welfare programs – compared to 35 percent of native households,” CIS reported. “Despite the fact that there are barriers designed to prevent welfare use for all of these non-citizen populations, the data shows that, overall, non-citizen households access the welfare system at high rates – often receiving benefits on behalf of U.S.-born children.”

https://onenewsnow.com/culture/2019/...-born-citizens

Center for Immigration Studies

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen...lfare-Programs
That should be zero!

You move here so you have to be able to pay for yourself and earn to be rewarded after like 20 years of paying into the system or longer. JMO.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:56 PM

2,871 posts, read 2,033,690 times
Quote:
That should be zero!

You move here so you have to be able to pay for yourself and earn to be rewarded after like 20 years of paying into the system or longer. JMO.
Or, have a sponsor that will insure your wellbeing.

When my wife applied for permission to immigrate here and become a citizen, I had to provide all manner of financial paperwork proving that she wouldn’t become dependent on the state. I was shocked to learn that others get away with that.

We were married first in Brazil and then applied for her green card. That provides much, much more flexibility than a fiancé visa. She was able to work literally from Day 1 in the US. 17 years later, she makes way, way more than the average ‘merican. I married well....so did she. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration