U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:40 PM

1,703 posts, read 4,837,140 times

Advertisements

How difficult is it to become a US Citizen? I know it's quite expensive and you have to know about the history and stuff. Is the test that hard? What can you do to prepare? Any suggestions or advice. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 12:26 AM

606 posts, read 584,473 times
Yes,it is very difficult.
However,it depends on your situation.Where are you now?Are you permanent resident?....

Test...is always a easy part.Just buy some books and study hard for some time.

Usually,you should find a employer to sponsor you working visa and then green card(I know a lot of people only want green card instead of citizenship!).After you get the green card,citizenship is not hard to get.

It's not easy to find the employer and more difficult to get the visa.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:35 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,899,845 times
Default other ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
How difficult is it to become a US Citizen? I know it's quite expensive and you have to know about the history and stuff. Is the test that hard? What can you do to prepare? Any suggestions or advice. Thanks.
There are other ways also like sponsoring a family member to come in and such.

Trust me, illegals are not looking to come here legally, no attemps are even made. they want a free america.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the replies. I've actually got my greencard and have been living in the States with my husband (who is an American and who sponsered me) for 7 years now.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:59 PM

4,800 posts, read 8,124,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Thanks for the replies. I've actually got my greencard and have been living in the States with my husband (who is an American and who sponsered me) for 7 years now.
On behalf of myself and millions of other Americans who are tired of watching our country being handed over to 20 millions illegal invaders, thank you for emigrating legally. I for one, appreciate you.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Thankyou. I appreciate that. I can't tell you how much it infuriates me that all these illegals just think they can come here and do and have whatever they want (well they don't just think it they know it because they do get everything handed them! ) and people like me who go through all the beuracracy, time and money of doing it legally and this country doesn't seem to care. Did I get help with either of my babies or my surgery from medicaid when we had no insurance. No of course not and you know what they actually told me it would of helped me if I had been illegal!! Sorry for ranting. That's why I hardly ever come into immigration anymore because it is just so infuriating and it seems like it is a losing battle that the people who can do something about don't seem to care enough about.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,525,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
On behalf of myself and millions of other Americans who are tired of watching our country being handed over to 20 millions illegal invaders, thank you for emigrating legally. I for one, appreciate you.
I second that!!!! it is nice to see those that actually respect America enough to do right.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 PM

1,701 posts, read 6,115,062 times
When you make a few dollars a day, it's hard to sit on the sidelines and criticize anyone for coming here illegally.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,525,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
When you make a few dollars a day, it's hard to sit on the sidelines and criticize anyone for coming here illegally.
it is easy when you bust your ass for 12 hours, pay all your bills and taxes to criticize people looking to take advantage of us and demanding more with little respect or regards for our well being or that of our countries laws.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:25 PM

Am I being critical of someone for breaking the law, having no respect for this country and thinking it owes them everything? You're dang right!
It's easy to defend them when you're a rich boy at home who gets everything he wants from his mom and dad and has no real life experience.
Like I said I had two babies and a major surgery and where was my help? Well it was with all the illegals!! I guess I just shouldn't had enough integrity to do it legally cause gosh darn it seems like things woulda been handed to me on a silver platter if that was the case. Oh wait, I guess not because I speak English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration