U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:22 AM

126 posts, read 223,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
I live in Philly and I'm buying a dog. A few people I know have bought their dogs from this place called Jacks dog farm. Up near Allentown (I think). Just wanted to know if anyone from around there has heard anything about it. I'm getting mixed reviews on the place. Some says it's a great place and that they're happy with their dogs. But others really think the place is more like a puppy mill and the owners are a**es. If you have any info on the place or if you've bought a dog from here, lemme know.

Thanks.
I personally would never buy a dog from a dog farm. It is just another type of puppy mill. Buy from a reputable breeder, which you find by going to the AKC parent club for the breed of your choice, and finding their member list, and researching their websites. Look for a breeder who performs all the health tests required by the breed club. For instance, labs have hips, elbows, eyes, and other tests. If the breeder does not test, forget it. Look for breeders who have an application, and set standards for who they will sell to, and will take back the dog if the buyer has to give it up. And many other critieria, which you will learn after reading 10 or 20 websites of breeders.

Or go to Petfinders.com and put in your zip and your desired breed, and adopt from a shelter. I would recommend never never patronize these puppy farms or commercial breeders. They are who contribute to the problem of so many dogs in shelters!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 08:24 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,537,618 times
If anyone is still reading this thread and looking for Labradors, I just got this message via Facebook from a friend in Carbon County:

Carbon County Animal Response Team (CART) has been activated to help in a very sad situation. A kennel in Carbon County is being closed and 90+ Labradors of all ages need somewhere to go. Medical assessments are in progress.

The dogs are of all ages- from moms with new born pups to adults of various ages.

If you would like to either foster or adopt one of these dogs, please contact Donna Crum at 610-441-1281.

Some dogs are going to Jim Thorpe Pet Center. Some are going to Dr. Karen Hess's Kennel. Others are being placed with rescue groups and animal shelters.

PS- Please remember do not buy dogs from pet shops or on the internet ---it feeds the puppy mill industry which allows situations like this to exist. Wake up America and stop puppy mills.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley