U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:21 AM

6 posts, read 6,753 times

Advertisements

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've never used this site before and thought I would receive an email if someone responded to my thread.

We are moving to Redstone Drive, which development are you in? They started building our house about two weeks ago, we are at the end of the cul-de-sac. It's very exciting to see how much progress is made each day. I hope that we will be in by Jan 1

We are coming from Whitehall, but I just moved to Pennsylvania last October from RI so the area in general is ALL new to me. We are excited to get into the house and settled. It looks like a great neighborhood, lots of friendly people and young children.

Hope you are enjoying your new home!
Jaime
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 06:24 AM

124 posts, read 306,350 times
Oh wow! I am on Redstone too! Still unpacking LOTS of boxes ugh lol Yes you are going to love it here. Your house is coming along fast as did all of ours...we were so surprised to see the progress every week. And they do great work. Your home looks beautiful! Most everyone here has young children under the age of 5 which is great bc they can all play together...and everyone is so friendly! We really do love it here. Can't wait to meet! I hear them working hard on your house right now : ) Msg me if you need any help or more info -Kelly

Old 10-23-2010, 06:43 AM

Hahaha I just read my first response to you and, while its all true, I sounded like a saleswoman for Ean Sussick & Sons hahaha

Old 10-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Today we started packing, its going to be a much bigger job than I thought. We went by the house yesterday and couldn't believe how much progress they made. Are you the raised ranch on the corner that was just finished a few weeks ago?

We are so excited to move in and meet everyone. Are you and your husband originally from the area?

Old 11-07-2010, 05:41 AM

No we are the colonial next to them.....the grey one. They really have made alot of progress on yours! Its beautiful. We are from Monmouth County, NJ. Not too far from the family....I go down about once a week to visit. We love it here. We met most of the neighbors at a get together on Halloween and everyone is very friendly and personable. I think we are going to have a lot of fun here ; )

Old 12-03-2010, 09:04 AM

Default Service Providers

Hi Kelly,

It was great to meet you and your family! We are so excited to move in, just two weeks now. We are scheduled to close and start moving December 17th. Almost a month earlier then we had originally planned.

I wanted to ask you if you had any suggestions on cable providers, phone providers, alarm companies, etc. I'm sure you've done your research and since I'm not that familiar with the area and we are moving in so close to Christmas it would be great if you had any advice or knowledge you could share.

Thank you!
Jaime

Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 AM

Hi Jamie ! It was great to meet you guys too. That's so exciting that you will be in for Christmas but hectic! We are using Verizon for both phone and dsl computer, direct tv because we used them in our old home and love them, and Ean's referral for security system...Secure Technologies. Happy with them all.

You get a free recycling bin from the township...you pick it up at the municipal building on Bushkill Center. And we have to pay for garbage pick up and a reg garbage can, so when you are there ask them for the names and numbers for the different haulers. We use Hercig...they are all within a few dollars difference. Only thing is....one of them come at 2am! I think its Waste Management and have called twice about it but they came again last night at 230am and woke us all up again. Ugh Not happy about that! They are so loud.

Anyway, good luck moving in and dont hesitate to ask if you need anything! We'll be seeing you : ) -Kelly

Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Default Thank you

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Between work, packing and Christmas around the corner it has been very hectic, but so exciting! I can't wait to move in. My family is coming down from RI the weekend that we move in to help us so that we can get somewhat settled before Christmas.

We were at the house on Sunday, the neighborhood looked so pretty with all of the Christmas lights. We are kind of bummed that we won't have a tree this year, but I can't wait until next year to decorate. I bet your children are very excited.

Talk to you soon!
Jaime

Old 12-17-2010, 05:26 PM

Jamie, just wanted to say WELCOME! I see you guys are in! Just went out to get the mail and its all lit up...love it : ) Have fun getting all settled in. And I agree...our street looks so pretty! See you soon.....-Kelly

Old 12-19-2010, 05:16 PM

Thanks! We are so happy to be in, but exhausted. It's been a long weekend! We had a lot of help and a lot of company, my parents were here from RI and my brother and his wife came down yesterday for a few days to help. We are settled, but still have a lot of boxes to unpack. You will have to stop down one night to visit. Our door is always open. Mod cut - please use DM to send e-mail addresses. See you in the neighborhood, yea!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 12-20-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley