Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,096 times

Advertisements

Can someone break down for me where to live in Easton Pa? The good, the bad? I have a kids, so nothing to sketchy. We have no clue about the town, so I need a basic Easton 101. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 PM

783 posts, read 2,012,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampo77 View Post
Can someone break down for me where to live in Easton Pa? The good, the bad? I have a kids, so nothing to sketchy. We have no clue about the town, so I need a basic Easton 101. Thanks!!
I'm not as familiar with Easton as I am with Allentown, but i've been there a lot and always wondered why it had such a bad reputation. People talk about Easton as if it's Newark or something. It's rough, but not that bad. I was never scared going through Easton, but I would really keep my eyes out when I was going through Allentown after dark. The city of Allentown has taken a severe nosedive and it is a million times worse than Easton. Easton has a lot of poor people, welfare bums, drug addicts, white trash, etc. Basically, the scum of society. Allentown is full of well-organized gangs and drug users/dealers and have taken over the city. Much different situation there than in Easton...so keep that in mind when you hear people trash Easton. There are a lot of places worse in LV than Easton.

As for Easton, I thought College Hill was amazing, especially in the fall. I doubt it would be fun driving up there during the winter though. If you have kids, then maybe Wilson or Palmer would be best for you. There's a lot of shopping in Palmer Twp. I've been there a lot, so I can tell you from my own experience that Palmer is real nice and seems like a good place to raise a family. The one big negative about Palmer is that it's in the Easton SD, which IMO sucks. Wilson SD isn't exactly much to brag about either, but it is smaller and better academically than Easton. Wilson and Palmer are right next to each other, so if they had joined together and started their own school district years ago I bet it would have been a good one and brought a lot more people from NJ and NY there, rather than Bethlehem and Allentown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley