Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 AM

6 posts, read 15,378 times

Advertisements

If you were going to lehigh valley for ONE day where would you eat?

I want to hear your favorites please?

Hubby raves about Yoccos, but reviews say its not as good as everyone says...

I like hot dogs but my favorite is Italian Subs.

Armetta's wasn't so fabulous when it comes to subs/hoagies.

( big debate between me and my husband about whether its a sub (me) or hoagie (him) ) lol

So tell me what you think, whats your favorite place to eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 05:52 PM

63 posts, read 172,912 times
well, i get the impression you are looking for casual dining, and you like hoagies, so i say go to primo's hoagies.
PrimoHoagies | Its Not Just a Hoagies, Its A Primo!

Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
I so want to answer your question but I'm not a big sandwich/hoagie/cheesesteak or even hot dog eater! We tend to get Pizza from Mario's or Ecco Domani's here in Coopersburg and also eat at the local places when we go out like The Limeport Inn or The Copperhead in Center Valley. For special occasions we go into Bethlehem and eat at the Apollo Grill or have a casual lunch on Main Street.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:41 PM

13 posts, read 45,395 times
I'm fairly new to the area (just over a year here) and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Yoccos. It wasn't terrible, but childhood nostalgia must make it better.

Honestly if you want a good sandwich, I'd say go to the Allentown Farmer's Market and get one at Badda-Bing. Everything I've gotten there has been awesome.

If we moved away and were just coming through for one day though, I think I'd be mostly tempted to go to Wert's Cafe for a hamburger and onion straws. Best burger I've ever had.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:16 PM

116 posts, read 212,518 times
It's definitely called a hoagie. Two great places I remember (when I lived back there) - Pizza Village in Ballietsville (great cheesesteaks) and Penn Pizza on 19th St. in Allentown (stromboli is excellent). Yocco's is still a favorite of mine whenever we go back (I guess it is a childhood memory). Love the fact that you need to order in a long line and need to keep track of who just ordered so you don't lose your place.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:28 AM

6 posts, read 15,378 times
I feel so strange saying hoagie! I guess because I'm from a DC Suburb and we always call them subs. So yesterday we went and looked at an apartment in Bethlehem, and we tried Lorenzo's which was pretty good I couldn't complain, the cops hang out there so it must be decent..

We took home the Yocco's pic nic pack for my family to try. I thought it was good the thing they liked the most about it was the roll and sauce. I thought the chocolate milk was really good.

My husband loves subway, for me its okay, but I like the true Italian style. I want to try that Primos place I looked at the website and it looks good. I don't know how new Five Guys is to your area but we love five guys down in WV. You have a little cesars!! I almost had a heart attack! lol We haven't had little cesars in my area since I was about 5 years old.

But I honestly am just trying to get a feel for the place and the locals are going to know whats good.. Even besides food what do you like to do? What do you love about your area? Bethlehem, I liked the bridge we crossed on 378. We didn't get to explore much. I am excited your area seems like it has much to offer!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:58 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,571 times
I love Yocco's! They always have one person that runs the register and another that is in charge of getting your order together. The person that gets your order together does it without having to check with the cashier, it's all from memory. Not only that but they are filling the orders from people in front and behind you all from memory. I've gone in with some pretty big $50-60 orders and they always get it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley