Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 10:07 PM

11 posts, read 19,949 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been looking into buying a home in Lehigh Crossings by Toll Brothers. Is this a good community to live in? I have three kids, ages 10, 7, & 5. How are the schools for this area? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 PM

14 posts, read 42,166 times
Its a good place to live. We have a couple of friends who live there and love it. Following is my "impression" about the community, we do not live here, so take that into account.

Not many kids, at least we did not see many when we visited friends over. Toll Brothers arrange some events, but no other activities by the community. There is no HOA.

Many physicians or people in health care live here.

The elementary school is Shoemaker elementary school, one of the better in East Penn School District.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 PM

17 posts, read 94,659 times
Default Lehigh Crossing

For what it's worth, I don't really like that community at all. I don't like the way you have to go through other neighborhoods to get to it and I hear that the train is very loud at night. I just don't think it has a "neighborhood" feel....it seems cold to me. The houses are lovely though.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,092,335 times
Toll Brothers isn't exactly known as the greatest quality builder around. Also, I think that particular development doesn't have a problem, but some of the surrounding area is known for flooding after heavy rains.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 PM

11 posts, read 19,949 times
JohnZ963 & Blinky PA,

Thanks for the info. Had no idea about the flooding since I'm from NY looking to move there. Do you know of any other single family developments (no townhouses) in the area that has the nice "neighborhood" feel w/o flooding? LOL My husband and I are also looking into resale as well.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,092,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicadee96 View Post
JohnZ963 & Blinky PA,

Thanks for the info. Had no idea about the flooding since I'm from NY looking to move there. Do you know of any other single family developments (no townhouses) in the area that has the nice "neighborhood" feel w/o flooding? LOL My husband and I are also looking into resale as well.
If I were looking for a home suitable for a family in Lower Macungie built within the past 15 years, I'd probably look in the Graymoor development built by Pulte. Not far from the Toll Bros development you are looking at. Graymoor sits on higher ground so I doubt flooding is an issue. I think they may still have some lots remaining, but the bulk of the homes were built in 2005-2007. There is also a slighty older community next to it.

I will say that my friends who live in Graymoor have said that while there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood, people aren't too open or friendly in general. But that happens everywhere these days, even the older neighborhood where I live.

Both Graymoor and the Toll Bros development are far enough away from the train tracks for them to not really be an issue. There is a THP/Hovnanian development pretty much just south of the tracks, it is probably more of an issue there.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM

148 posts, read 536,635 times
What areas are you looking in? That might help others determine how to guide you.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,251,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky PA View Post
For what it's worth, I don't really like that community at all. I don't like the way you have to go through other neighborhoods to get to it and I hear that the train is very loud at night. I just don't think it has a "neighborhood" feel....it seems cold to me. The houses are lovely though.
Agreed (again )

I love the Toll Brothers homes - we looked there before moving here - but I did not like where the development is located.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,251,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
If I were looking for a home suitable for a family in Lower Macungie built within the past 15 years, I'd probably look in the Graymoor development built by Pulte. Not far from the Toll Bros development you are looking at. Graymoor sits on higher ground so I doubt flooding is an issue. I think they may still have some lots remaining, but the bulk of the homes were built in 2005-2007. There is also a slighty older community next to it.

I will say that my friends who live in Graymoor have said that while there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood, people aren't too open or friendly in general. But that happens everywhere these days, even the older neighborhood where I live.

Both Graymoor and the Toll Bros development are far enough away from the train tracks for them to not really be an issue. There is a THP/Hovnanian development pretty much just south of the tracks, it is probably more of an issue there.
I live in Graymoor - VERY happy here!

Lots of transplants, so meeting people was very easy. So many kids - it's great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley