U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 09:23 PM

6 posts, read 11,380 times

Advertisements

Was curious if there was any Staten Islanders that move to Macungie? Wanted to know what you think about it since I am considering a move there. Any advice would be useful. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 AM

17 posts, read 93,095 times
Default Staten Island to Macungie

While I haven't lived in Staten Island since I was a baby, we did move here from NJ about 5 years ago and haven't regretted it once. My whole family is from Brooklyn and later moved to Long Island, Staten Island and then to NJ. Anyway, I have come across quite a few people from Staten Island and Long Island who relocated here with many of their extended families following suit. This area is so much more laid back and less crowded. The schools are excellent and you can get some great deals on beautiful homes with big yards. You're definitely not on top of your neighbors the way you are in NJ/NY. I personally think this area is beautiful and has a lot to offer. There are so many stores and restaurants opening up and you're only an hour or so from Philly and NYC. Anyway, good luck to you whatever you decide but I can tell you that you would not feel out of place here.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 AM

17 posts, read 93,095 times
Default Staten Island Developer

I just saw this article in The Morning Call newspaper about a developer from Staten Island who is looking to build a shopping complex in Lower Macungie with "...bike racks, gathering places, outdoor seating, planters, ornate lamp posts and water features." Full article below. Just thought you might be interested in a fellow Staten Islander in Macungie...

Developer promises jobs - mcall.com

Old 01-24-2011, 03:41 PM

995 posts, read 2,623,206 times
Brooklyn born and raised if that helps, but I currently live in Emmaus.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,130,972 times
I am in Lower Macungie and know quite a few Staten Island girls. Overall, there are lots of NY/NJ families that relocated here. I am a Long Island girl and feel right at home here with my NY peeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley