Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 01:35 PM

114 posts, read 370,053 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know anything about this particular area? I'm 3,000 miles away and want to move to PA so I can be closer to family. I believe it might be on the Eastern side of Allentown. I saw a new manufactured house in Holly Oaks Mobile House Park. It's amoung about 20 other manufactured houses. Better to have fewer of these type houses in one area. The realtor told me you cannot have any kind of a criminal history and must have a decent credit score. Here's the street address the manufactured house on:

Holly Oaks Mobile Home Park
North Halstead St
Allentown City, PA 18109

Does anyone know any thing about this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 09:01 AM

Well, I guess nobody is familiar with this area. AAA is mailing me a map of Allentown so I'll check it out the street address when I get it. If it turns out to be on the East side of Allentown, from what I hear I should forget about considering living there.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
try renaming your thread if you want a better response.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I hesitate to post because I am not really sure of my facts and could not find the info with a quick google search, but I thought this was the mobile home park that was being talked about being sold. The residents were up in arms and not sure where they were going to move.

I don't know how mobile homes are perceived in your area but the combination of a mobile home and East Allentown would not be a good one around here.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Eastern PA

Many people already looked at it. Apparently they are not familiar with this place. PA is a big state so I wasn't really sure if I'd get many, if any responses. The map I get will answer my question.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Mobile Home

Thank you for the information. That would be bad news for the people there if it was sold. I also had a feeling that East Allentown wasn't the best area. This particular mobile home part is supposed to be very small and in a residential area. When I move back to this area I'll check it out myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I hesitate to post because I am not really sure of my facts and could not find the info with a quick google search, but I thought this was the mobile home park that was being talked about being sold. The residents were up in arms and not sure where they were going to move.

I don't know how mobile homes are perceived in your area but the combination of a mobile home and East Allentown would not be a good one around here.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:34 PM

63 posts, read 57,910 times
With regards to Holly Oaks Mobile Home Park of 850 N. Halstead Street, #880, in Allentown, PA ...

... I looked in the telephone book and could not find a listing, therefore, I had called the Operator, requesting the telephone number for: Holly Oaks Mobile Home Park. to which does not have a telephone listing. She asked if I had an alternate name for the Park ... I replied: Holly Park Court ... that as well, does not have a telephone number listing.

... To obtain photos and information from their Web site, one must register to do so.

Apparently, the Park is being run under a different name, yet why all the secrecy? Sure doesn't seem good for business.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Holly Oaks park

Thanks for trying to find a phone number. I agree with you. If it's that hard to locate a phone number and it's not listed what's teh BIG secret. Now I'm looking at Whitehall and have another Thread concerning this town. One of their mobile home parks is called Stone Terrace Mobile Home Park and it's supposed to be a nice one. I won't know unless someone else onthe forum has seen it or I go and check it out when I arrive.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Default Any of these?

How about
Royal Oaks Mobile home park? could that be it?
on 2210 Greenwood rd Allentown....610-434-1531

Also there is a ...The Pines at West Penn 14 All Kings Dr. Allentown
Mobile Home Parks In Pennsylvania

One that I think I have pasted on 512 in Bath, Pa.......near to Allentown
and on a nice route with a great pool and is a small, community is
Hickory Hills on 512 in Bath 610-759-6280 ........I wasn't 100% sure this is the one I pass......but, it is listed in the right spot and on that road so thinking so.

Look at MOBILE HOME NET Pennsylvania Manufactured Housing Community Directory

Let me know if one of the above sounds right........thinking the first might be the "Oak" your looking for

Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Mobile home parks

Thanks so much for the links. I'll be taking a better look at them tomorrow. I have looked into Hickory Hills. Only thing is their land lease fee is very high. Maybe that's a good sign and means it's in a better neighborhood. That's where I might end up if I can't locate one as nice for a cheaper land lease fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
How about
Royal Oaks Mobile home park? could that be it?
on 2210 Greenwood rd Allentown....610-434-1531

Also there is a ...The Pines at West Penn 14 All Kings Dr. Allentown
Mobile Home Parks In Pennsylvania

One that I think I have pasted on 512 in Bath, Pa.......near to Allentown
and on a nice route with a great pool and is a small, community is
Hickory Hills on 512 in Bath 610-759-6280 ........I wasn't 100% sure this is the one I pass......but, it is listed in the right spot and on that road so thinking so.

Look at MOBILE HOME NET Pennsylvania Manufactured Housing Community Directory

Let me know if one of the above sounds right........thinking the first might be the "Oak" your looking for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley