U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 PM

5 posts, read 10,525 times

Advertisements

My family just moved to fogelsville from Charleston sc. I have a 5 yr old son, 1.5 yr old girl, and a newborn. We love our new house but we are extremely saddened to hear that ALL of the children on our street are high school age or older. When house shopping we saw swing sets and lower bball hoops but I guess people just hang on to that stuff. Kindergarten doesn't start until sept so I am really trying to help my 5 yr old boy make friends. also - i can't take them swimming bc my newborn can't wear sunscreen or be in a pool. Are there any other new or established families looking to meet up? We live in fogelsville on wooded ridge ct off of apple road. My son loves playing with other children and he is really missing his friends in sc.

Thx! Annie.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 07:22 AM

12,871 posts, read 29,537,539 times
Annie - We made that very same assumption when we bought our previous house! We saw the backyard equipment and assumed there were young children! Next house we realized that we should look for a house around the same age as our kids. We did and sure enough, there were tons of kids their ages. I guess it's common for people to move into a new home when their kids are very young.

I found these groups that you can explore
Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania Newcomers Clubs, Moms and Dads Organizations, Womens Clubs Directory

MOMS Club of Allentown West

I would also encourage you to visit your local library and get involved in the childrens programs. I know our local library has things for parents and children starting with infants through Middle School and many of the parents do so for the Mom socialization as well as the kids. There's a park nearby so parents often go to the library for a story hour and then the park for play. My library is not real close to you, but it's easy to get to and might make for a fun morning or afternoon - Southern Lehigh Public Library

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 PM

42 posts, read 96,181 times
I am in the same boat! I had joined an awesome Moms' group when we lived in Hershey. I found it on meetup.com. Just enter your zip code & what type of group you're interested in & it will find groups for you to join within a certain mile radius (that you choose)... Good luck!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 01:06 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,540,014 times
Another awesome place to find moms with young kids is at the sandbox at the Rodale Cycling & Fitness Park on Mosser Road, across from the velodrome. There is a nice bench with a shade tree where you can sit with your newborn and the older children can play in the sand or ride their bikes/scooters/big wheels around the sandbox on the small paved path.

I have met so many cool moms & kids there over the past few years

Bob Rodale Cycling and Fitness Park (The part west of Mosser Road, across the street from the velodrome is where the sandbox is located), on the same side of the street as the new Jaindl Elementary School.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 10,525 times
Thx for the good advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley