Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM

20 posts, read 50,396 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any experience with the development in Macungie by Toll Brothers? We are thinking about potentially purchasing but being that we are out of state I am worried about some of the things I saw mainly around the properties and lack of privacy. Does anyone have any feedback positive or negative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:29 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
We were looking around to purchase a Toll Bros home and we are glad we passed. The construction look is excellent but 4 of us discovered the home lacked durability. We were inside and planned to spend but things went arye....As a former builder I estimated better quality materials building the same home for a lot less on a larger piece of ground in a prime location.

Railing going to the second floor and continuing around the 2nd floor landing in their $600k "model" home was just painted wood. My petite wife came very close falling through it from the 2nd floor. The entire length of the railing wobbled and I find it dangerous..No compensation from the realtor for a bad choice of railings and since the interior was suppose to be "premium" paint, I was uncomfortably suprised .. Good luck.

Last edited by Synergy1; 08-31-2011 at 07:46 AM..

Old 08-31-2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks so much for your candid feedback. I have two little girls (one is 3 yrs old and one is 16months old) and the stairs and the big drops is my largest concern. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so stressed about this potential move and I worry I may overlook something important. Thanks again.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:11 PM

4 posts, read 6,400 times
Hi,
We were looking there as well. I am a bit apprehensive because I know there is a train that runs next to the neighborhood. I spoke with someone I know who lives there and they said it could be heard in the early morning hours- like 3 or 4am. I am not a fan of being woken up in the middle of the night!

Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM

17 posts, read 94,818 times
Default Toll Brothers - Macungie

I live in Lower Macungie and am also not a fan of the Toll Brothers community. It seems so disconnected and un-neighborhood like. The houses are beautiful but I just don't like the feel of the layout. I think for that price range, you are better off looking in Brandywine II, Graymoor, Beaumont or one of the other neighborhoods off of Sauerkraut. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck in your search.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:16 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky PA View Post
I live in Lower Macungie and am also not a fan of the Toll Brothers community. It seems so disconnected and un-neighborhood like. The houses are beautiful but I just don't like the feel of the layout. I think for that price range, you are better off looking in Brandywine II, Graymoor, Beaumont or one of the other neighborhoods off of Sauerkraut. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck in your search.
I tend to agree with this. When we moved here, we looked at that development and although the homes are lovely, I was not thrilled with the location of the development.

We opted for one of the developments off of Sauerkraut Lane.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky PA View Post

Thank you! Are these in lower mancungie as well?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
I tend to agree with this. When we moved here, we looked at that development and although the homes are lovely, I was not thrilled with the location of the development.

We opted for one of the developments off of Sauerkraut Lane.
Thanks KristyLiz! Could you tell me which one and whether you are happy with it?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcalystax View Post
Thanks KristyLiz! Could you tell me which one and whether you are happy with it?
We are in Graymoor (by Pulte) and are very happy!

Beaumont, Brandywine, Brandywine II and Farmington Hills are all nice developments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley