Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 07:36 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times

Advertisements

The huge turnout at the new White Castle on Mcarthur Rd in Allentown yesterday is another example of the huge soulless vacuum in our society. Not just here in this area, but also throughout the counry. People going nuts about a bloody fast food chain is just ridiculous. The Lehigh Valley should be ashamed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 AM

61 posts, read 116,158 times
I love White Castle and ate many growing up in the St. Louis Mo area.

The day of their opening in Allentown I was driving back home from visiting a friend in Egypt and got caught in the white Castle traffic jam on Mc Arthur!! ARGH!!!!!!! All I wanted to do was to get home to the south part of the city.

Julia

Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Didn't know one opened. Don't care. If there's a hoopla, I missed it, but then again, I don't eat a lot of burgers. Unless they are replacing some neat independently owned place, it's fine with me.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM

649 posts, read 1,132,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The huge turnout at the new White Castle on Mcarthur Rd in Allentown yesterday is another example of the huge soulless vacuum in our society. Not just here in this area, but also throughout the counry. People going nuts about a bloody fast food chain is just ridiculous. The Lehigh Valley should be ashamed!
Altho I typically eat healthy, White Castle rules! If you REALLY want to see hoopla, just wait if In N Out ever opens East Coast locations.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
The husband loves White Castle soooo much, as he grew up in NJ with several of them close by. They are one of the few fast-food items he actually eats these days.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Mmmmm ... White Castle ... Best coffee ever. Thanks for the tip; I'll have to make the drive!

My 25-year-old digestive system could handle sliders just fine; not sure about my 52-year-old digestive system.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
You're no fun - lighten up

Having grown up in in Queens and Long Island I for one can say I am thrilled to see White Castle is here! I see nothing wrong with people turning out and being excited about an old time fast food restaurant - for many, it reminds them of a simpler time. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,102 times
Living in Ohio, we only have one white castle, and its in Akron... a two hour drive from me...

Thing is, when my Son was at Kent state, (only a half hour from there), I wanted to go find it, and didnt find it, (yahoo map my eye!!), so, I never went back to try again... Getting lost once was good 'nuff for me!

Nothing on my 'bucket list', so, I may put that one on LOL...(not a high prioritiy though, since we have enough burger joints in my town).

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,346,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Living in Ohio, we only have one white castle, and its in Akron... a two hour drive from me...

Thing is, when my Son was at Kent state, (only a half hour from there), I wanted to go find it, and didnt find it, (yahoo map my eye!!), so, I never went back to try again... Getting lost once was good 'nuff for me!

Nothing on my 'bucket list', so, I may put that one on LOL...(not a high prioritiy though, since we have enough burger joints in my town).

I wish you well...

Jesse
There are dozens of White Castle's in Ohio, it is actually Headquartered in Columbus with plenty of restaurants in the 3 C's. The one in Akron is actually a White Castle/Churches Chicken which makes it confusing when glimpsing at the sign while passing by. I will now have to make a trip out to Allentown soon to get some sliders

Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 AM

627 posts, read 1,295,341 times
I was driving to the mall that day when I saw the huge crowd. My DIL wondered what was going on and I saw the sign and remembered they were building one there.

Growing up in the Bronx, there was a WC in every neighborhood I ever lived in. Though I was feeling a bit nostalgic from being reminded of those nights we broke, winding up at the WC, acting like clowns or just winding down from a night out and about - I am not in a hurry to go and have a couple of Deep Sea Doubles w/ Cheese!

I'll go after the newbies have their fill.

I think they removed their Fried Clams from the menu...

Oh well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
View detailed profiles of: