Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,133 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Allentown for a job opportunity. I am a 37 yo single professional. Any ideas for nice apartment complexes or lofts in the area? I am looking at Allentown, Bethlehem, MacCungie or other nice surrounding areas. I will be working at Lehigh Valley Hospital. Looking for a safe neighborhood -- would be great to have some night life/things to do within walking distance. Price range $900-1250. Any ideas or recommendations for apt. complexes would be great! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,551,696 times
Default specify campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc789 View Post
I am relocating to Allentown for a job opportunity. I am a 37 yo single professional. Any ideas for nice apartment complexes or lofts in the area? I am looking at Allentown, Bethlehem, MacCungie or other nice surrounding areas. I will be working at Lehigh Valley Hospital. Looking for a safe neighborhood -- would be great to have some night life/things to do within walking distance. Price range $900-1250. Any ideas or recommendations for apt. complexes would be great! Thanks.
LVH locations are in three major places in Lehigh Valley.
Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest (largest campus on route 309)
Lehigh Valley Hospital-17th Street Allentown (downtown campus )
Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg (in Bethlehem near ABE airport)

Community health centers are in
Bath,
Bethlehem Township,
Hamburg,
Hellertown,
Kutztown,
Quakertown,
Saucon Valley, and
Trexlertown.

Both the Cedar Crest campus and 17th Street Hospital are on bus route #102. Consider finding a place near Cedar Crest College within walking distance to the bus route so that you can get to work if your car is being repaired.

To be in safer neighborhoods I would stay west of St Elmo's street (parallel to 21st street one block away). Many people in Lehigh Valley rent townhouses or private apartments as they are widely available and cheaper than a complex. Generally avoid 18102 zip code.

If you prefer a complex, then The Lakes is very nice. It is about 1.2 miles to get to the bus route so it would require a walk. But I am assuming the bus is strictly for emergency, and not a daily commute. This complex is top dollar, starting at $1K for a 1 BDR. You will probably end up at the top end of your desired price range.

If you are not working at Cedar Crest, add to this post. If you are on the Bethlehem campus, that is a whole different area. If you are looking to stay under $1K and still have a charming place you are better off renting privately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley