U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,970,518 times

Advertisements

In a couple of weeks, we will be moving to Forks Township. I guess that's considered Easton? We moved to PA last year from So. Calif., so we're not used to townships. Is Forks a township in Easton? When someone sends us mail, is it addressed to Easton 18040 or Forks Township 18040? I'm guessing no matter which is used, the mail will get to us.

Anyway, we're pretty excited to be moving. We've been living in Allentown for the past year, so we're ready for a change. I think I heard that there are no fast food restaurants in Forks Township. Is that correct? Does anyone have any favorite restaurants to suggest we try? Any good pizza places? We'll be looking for some new places to go to eat.

Well, wish us luck. I'll let you all know how everything goes after the move.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,857,951 times
PA is very confusing to many people from other states because of the way our municipalities are formed.

For the most part, three types of municipalities comprises Pennsylvania: townships, cities, and boroughs. There is one only actual town in the state, and that's Bloomsburg. There's also different classes for each types of municipality; for example, I believe Forks Township is a second class township. But that's all very complex and has to do with the township code and population density, etc.

The main thing you probably need to know is that you'll pay your local taxes to Forks Township, not Easton. Easton is a separate municipality. However, it looks like your zip code is listed as an Easton zip code, although most postal carriers just go by the zip code so it probably wouldn't matter if you wrote Easton or Forks Township.

I'm not overly familiar with the restaurants of the area so someone else will have to let you know about that.

Good luck in your new home!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:15 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,654,618 times
Rosanne, best of luck with the move! I think you will really love living in Forks Township The mailing address will just be Easton, PA 18040 and that will get everything right to you.

There is no McDonald's or Burger King, but you do have a Dunkin Donuts, Subway, and a Rita's Italian Ice.

Some local places I recommend:

Klein Farms: We get fresh milk, egg, meats, and cheese for our family here each week. The younger kids love visiting the animals here.
Klein Farms - Dairy & Creamery

College Hill, Easton
Cosmic Cup Coffee
The Cosmic Cup Coffee Company: Drink Outside The Box!

Local trails:
Forks Township Recreation Trail Map - Forks Township - Palmer Townships
Tatamy Trail Map - Tatamy Borough - Bushkill Creek
Palmer Township Recreation Trail (Towpath Bike Trail) | Pennsylvania Trails | TrailLink.com

The parish festival at St. Rocco's Church in Martin's Creek has some of the best homemade food ever, and it is being held August 16-17-18 this year: Saint Rocco's Roman Catholic Church - Martins Creek, Pennsylvania

I don't dine out much between my own strict diet and the husband having gastric bypass, so I'll leave the restaurant recommendations up to other posters.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:36 AM

MatildaLoo and Karen, thanks so much for the information. Like I said, we moved to Allentown a year ago and are just now finding our way around here. Now we have to start over with a new area, but it's exciting and Forks Township looks like a really nice place to live from what we've seen so far.

If anyone else has anything to add, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:46 AM

Default Chinese Buffets

Hi folks, it's one week until our move!

We were wondering if there are any Chinese buffets in Forks Township? We've found a couple of pizza places we will try, but haven't noticed any Chinese buffets. Any other restaurant recommendations? Thanks much!

Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Our favorite Chinese buffet isn't in Forks but over in Palmer Township (short drive, approx 5-6 miles). It has the Hibachi and sushi included and has a great selection but reasonable price.

Here is their website: Hibachi Grill, Sushi Bar | Easton, PA

Reviews: Century Buffet, Easton - 3 Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Even the picky husband will go and pick at the small quantities of food he can eat

Old 07-09-2012, 04:34 AM

Thanks so much Karen.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM

13,008 posts, read 30,734,754 times
Karen, I tried to give you a rep, but couldn't. I really appreciate your help with the eastern portion of the LV!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Karen, I tried to give you a rep, but couldn't. I really appreciate your help with the eastern portion of the LV!
Glad to help! Have lived here 40 yrs & counting

Old 07-10-2012, 04:07 PM

Karen, I also tried to rep you, but it wouldn't let me either. Thanks again for all the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley