U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 05:30 PM

46 posts, read 164,523 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a child or children in Freedom High school (Bethlehem School District). I've read a couple of reviews (some good and some bad) in several school rating websites but would like to know if anyone has had any personal experiences with this particular school? If not, then maybe you have a child in another school in the Bethlehem School District. My days of moving to Bethlehem are drawing nearer and I would like to know as much about the school(s) in the Bethlehem area as possible. I'm looking for a high school that has some cultural diversity and Freedom High School seems to fit the bill.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM

41 posts, read 151,349 times
i went to freedom high school...
granted i graduated in 1998( wow i cant believe its been almost 10 years already.. where does the time go?)..
but i can give you a general idea of what the school is like...

i'm not sure if you know Bethlehem at all.. but it is located in a generally good area... the campus is pretty big... the year after i left.. they added on a huge science wing...there is 2 levels to the school...2 cafeterias(maybe more, maybe less a lot can change in 10 years)
they added on a new building i think right in front of the school...(i haven't been around the area much lately...)
there is an indoor swimming pool , gymnasium , outdoors tennis courts, a planetarium.
there are alot of activities.. student council , drama club , sports teams , "academic clubs .. and alot more...

now i have been out of there for almost 10 years... but this is what i remember about the school...

staff / faculty - for the most part the whole staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.. they genuinely seemed to care about what they do.. i can tell you that a teacher at freedom changed my life... mrs.Viehman.. she taught me the tools to life....

students - again a lot has changed over the years.. but i do remember that freedom was a very "click" orientated school..also they bus over the south side bethlehem kids...
there were "the jocks' ,
"the brains"
"the silver spoon kids" - mommy and daddy paid everything for them..not that i'm looking down on them... but they all came across better then everyone else..
"the stoners" , the loners , i guess looking back on it.. my time in school was just like everyone else's... i would highly recommend freedom....

i wish you the best of luck in your endeavor

heres a link to the school.. in case you didn't see it...

Welcome to Freedom High School - Bethlehem, PA 18020 - Home of the Patriots

Old 10-03-2007, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the information milledge44. I know Bethlehem pretty well as I have two cousins who each live in the North and South side. They aren't much help when it comes to the middle schools and high schools though, because their children still attend public schools. I plan to move into the Hanover area. By the way, do you have any idea what high school my children will attend if I live in Hanover (18017)?

Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,654,262 times
Here is the webpage for determining which school your children will attend: Search for Your School

Hope that helps!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:45 AM

4,212 posts, read 8,309,824 times
It appears I was correct in thinking they were busing my South Bethlehem Boriqua neighbors. Interesting.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
Here is the webpage for determining which school your children will attend: Search for Your School

Hope that helps!
Thanks Karen_S. I'm also considering the Whitehall-Coplay school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley