Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 08:21 PM

14 posts, read 19,887 times

Advertisements

where can i take my son(6 yrs) to join any sport near wilson boro, any swimming,soccer or football league. i just moved to wilson boro and found out this is the only city without a recreational department. YMCA is too expensive and dont really like their programs. any help will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 09:41 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times
Is that Forks township? BASKETBALL - Forks Township Youth Sports Organization

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:06 AM

Default wilson boro(easton)

wilson boro is right next to easton. 35 views 1 reply ppl around here is very helpful.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,630 times
Have you tried contacting the borough secretary?

http://wilsonborough.org/contact

Looks like Wilson has a youth soccer program but sign ups are closed.

www.wilsonysa.com

Their youth football team seems to have a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilso...45562358802059

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. You might have some luck through Googling and calling around, though.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,939,788 times
This move has probably been a shock for you, as many of the amenities you are used to (rec dept, health dept etc) do not exist around here as you are used to them.

For football, see this website: Home - Wilson Midget Football Association
The games have just begun, as I have a friend down there whose son is playing.

For soccer - it says signups closed but looks like in-house program is still open for your son's age, so don't delay! (use the website that MatildaLoo gave you)

Swimming is pretty much an indoor swim club/YMCA thing around here, I believe. Our public high school does not even have a pool.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:03 PM

Default i regret moving to wilson

thanks for the replies.my son joined wilsonsya. he had his first practice today. its really disappointing that wilson borough doesn't offer recreational programs, even cities in third world countries offer them. i should've have moved to palmer or forks twp. does anyone know when to register for swimming classes? i don't know which sports go with which season. i called wilson borough and the secretary told me they do not offer any recreational programs and they dont know any clubs in the area. she should work in motor vehicles

Last edited by cachaco3; 09-08-2012 at 06:14 PM..

Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachaco3 View Post
thanks for the replies.my son joined wilsonsya. he had his first practice today. its really disappointing that wilson borough doesn't offer recreational programs, even cities in third world countries offer them. i should've have moved to palmer or forks twp. does anyone know when to register for swimming classes? i don't know which sports go with which season. i called wilson borough and the secretary told me they do not offer any recreational programs and they dont know any clubs in the area. she should work in motor vehicles
Yikes! Sorry she was unhelpful. It's great that she is representing her borough, huh?

Is it possible that there are some offered through his new school? I know most of the time sports programs don't begin until high school, but (at least when I was in school) a lot of the local intramural sports teams would give information to the schools to let students know when seasons were beginning.

I wonder if you talked to someone at the school, if they would be more helpful? Or even go in to the secretaries' office and see if there are fliers around about swimming classes, etc.?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:59 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times
That makes sense MatildaLoo. Our schools usually send out local sports info through the schools. The best source would most likely be other parents. If you get involved in some school activities, like PTA, I'm sure the other parents can help you out.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley