Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM

9 posts, read 17,854 times

Advertisements

PM, I think you are the gem in all of this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,562,480 times
Default Easton Neston

Just a bit of trivia. Leon Max who owns Max Studio in 2005 purchased Easton Neston country house near Towcester, Northamptonshire, England for around £15 million. Easton Neston, was the home of the father in law of William Penn, and the source of the names for the town of Easton, and the county of Northampton PA.

========================
My parents bought a historic home home when I was age 20. The description of this home was written by. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Bureau for Historic Preservation:

"The Farm" is a 1-story, rectangular concrete building designed in the Mission Style in the late 1910s, and erected circa 1929. Cobblestones cover the foundation walls, above which is a smooth, white stuccoed finish. The focal point of the house is an interior central courtyard around which corridors and rooms radiate. The main entry to the house is marked by a port cochere with Mission Revival-style parapets.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 11-13-2012 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: LINK and a snippet please.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 AM

9 posts, read 17,854 times
Is the home still with your family? Mission Revival is such an unusual bit of architecture, particularly for the east coast. What a treasure to have!

You by now have easily surmised that I am a curator of preservation, eat, breath and cannibalize anything historical. The College Hill historical residential section reminds me of the University Heights historical neighborhood in Madison, Wi. These neighborhoods need guardians for future generations.

I found another interesting listing in College Hill 9 First Terrace. It is a private property that flanks what I believe is the municipal water works, don't know if that is a good thing or not. The listing price is $519K.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,562,480 times
My mother's friend lives on 5th block of Porter Street (just a few blocks from there). Her father was an architect who built the place early in the 20th century. If you Private Message me your e-mail I will send it to her. She probably could tell you more about College Hill.

I don't know what that object is. From the satellite map it doesn't look like water, but that could be the covering. Martha would be able to answer questions like that easily.

Although Zillow Estimates must be considered crude, it does catch my attention if they differ from listing price by a factor of nearly double.

Census Department notes that College Hill (population 5340 ppl) is about 20% of the population of Easton City. The demographics are radically different than the rest of the city. Leaving out College Hill from the statistics, Easton is 20% African American, and 23% Latino.

Also median age for College Hill residents is age 22.3, while for the rest of the city it varies from 30-44 years old. I assume that some of the houses are rented out to students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley