U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 10:03 AM

24 posts, read 41,288 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the reply Julian. I am working in Forks Township and have been considering moving to Forks, Nazareth, Hellertown, Fogelsville and the Breiningsville area. I am concerned about areas with high to moderate crime and am for the most part completely unfamiliar with the area. I don't mind a 30-40 minute commute but that is probably the limit. I don't have kids but am concerned about the school district for resale. I would like an area with higher air quality if that is an option anywhere in the Lehigh Valley. My budget is probably in the area of 150-225k for home buying. I don't have a preference necessarily for urban/suburban/rural. Any help would be appreciated on any of the above mentioned areas or other suggestions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 02:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,000,735 times
Hi Nittanytiger,

Your very welcome. The area that would work concerning your budget and commute time would certainly be Fogelsville off of I-78.

A place that I am partial to, mainly due to it's rural character is Breiningsville. The downside to that option is the longer commute time along with a lack of housing stock in that area that would be within your budget. When I say that I mean that Breiningsville itself would be relatively in line with your budget but it's a very small community surrounded by much larger and notably more expensive properties. I like Hellertown quite a bit as well however the town is surrounded by quite a bit of wealth to the exception of south Bethlehem that tends to be a driver for real estate in the town.

You could look at Schnecksville and Orefield. Both are in the north valley a bit north/northeast of Fogelsville but not unreasonably far. Housing costs are more in line for your budget. The area is semi rural. Traffic to and from those two locations on 309 could prove annoying however. It is worth the time to investigate.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:11 AM

Thanks julian17033.

I liked Breiningsville too from my drives through the area. The two areas I have my eyes on are Cross Creek townhouses near Breiningsville and Applewood in Fogelsville. So far, I have not found any drawbacks to either location, though I thought the same thing initially of a Forks Township development before digging deeper. Any thoughts on these specific developments?

Old 06-17-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittanytiger View Post
Thanks julian17033.

I liked Breiningsville too from my drives through the area. The two areas I have my eyes on are Cross Creek townhouses near Breiningsville and Applewood in Fogelsville. So far, I have not found any drawbacks to either location, though I thought the same thing initially of a Forks Township development before digging deeper. Any thoughts on these specific developments?

I'm sorry I do not have any specific information but the difference between these two developments and the development in Forks we were speaking about is the fact that these two developments are approx. 25 to 30 miles further west and this tends to weed out many issues as it pertains to what the articles I gave you links to were speaking about.

You also have a notably more homogenous population in Breingsville and Foglesville which dramatically cuts down on the obvious racial tensions that are to be found in points further east in the metro area.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I'm sorry I do not have any specific information but the difference between these two developments and the development in Forks we were speaking about is the fact that these two developments are approx. 25 to 30 miles further west and this tends to weed out many issues as it pertains to what the articles I gave you links to were speaking about.

You also have a notably more homogenous population in Breingsville and Foglesville which dramatically cuts down on the obvious racial tensions that are to be found in points further east in the metro area.
Relative to Forks Township and the western suburbs of Allentown (i.e. Breiningsville and Fogelsville), where do towns like Nazareth, Center Valley, Coopersburg and Hellertown fit in?

Old 06-26-2014, 12:12 PM

2,898 posts, read 5,223,421 times
Quote:
Relative to Forks Township and the western suburbs of Allentown (i.e. Breiningsville and Fogelsville), where do towns like Nazareth, Center Valley, Coopersburg and Hellertown fit in?
Nazareth (and Bushkill) are close, Hellertown is maybe 10 additional minutes away, and Coopersburg/ CV 20. Check google maps and check out the traffic at your commute times (keep in mind that summer usually has less traffic, so it will be worse later).

Old 06-26-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:

Exactly what BlazerJ has said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley